I work at this one place as a 1099 and they always take a long time to pay me.....please read details for info?

Anyways my employer has me working normal business hours, (everyday except weekends, not open) and also going on business trips once in a while. Basically full time but, they don't want to pay me salary so I'm a 1099 and I keep track of my own hours and turn in an invoice every so often with my hours and... show more Anyways my employer has me working normal business hours, (everyday except weekends, not open) and also going on business trips once in a while. Basically full time but, they don't want to pay me salary so I'm a 1099 and I keep track of my own hours and turn in an invoice every so often with my hours and reimbursements. My only complaint is that they always take a very long time to pay me. Once I turn my time card in, I'm lucky if I get to see my money within a month. I've asked them about why it takes up to a month to be payed and they said payments go by a list of priority. I guess I'm last on the list after being there for two years going on 3! If it wasn't really really good money I would have left by now. Is this legal for them to be taking so long every time to pay me? Isn't there some maximum legal time limit that they "have" to pay me within or is what they are doing totally okay and within the law?
1 answer 1