My son wants to include his wife in our family portrait?

We're having our family portrait updated in a few weeks and my youngest son is upset that we don't want his wife included in the photo. He's upset because my other 2 daughters in law will be in it, but the problem is his wife, Anna, is overweight. My wife and I and most of his brothers and sisters feel that having a fat woman in our family portrait will ruin the photo. She wasn't always fat, she was actually quite stunning when they were married, but she's gotten increasingly fat since she had kids. We gave her 10 months notice and told her to lose 43 lbs if she wanted to be in the portrait and she hasn't, so this is really all her fault but my son still feels upset. He's angry because all of the other wives will be in it.... but that's because none of them have embarrassing weight issues. I explained to him that I'll be showing this portrait to clients and business partners as I'll have a copy in my office and in my home. I don't want to have to explain when they laugh and ask about the fat woman that my son is a chubby chaser. Frankly... her weight is an embarrassment to this family. How do I convince him it's his wifes own fault she's being excluded?

Best Answer

Why don't you show the both of them this letter. This will make it clear that this is ALL THIER FAULT. Don't worry about it, you will NEVER have to deal with them again because they probably won't talk to you for the rest of your life. I mean who would want to talk to you after this? I hope you value your family more than you value your daughter in laws looks.

• Dee

Randy-I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but if it was merely yourself and immediate kin than you could easily tell your son his wife couldn't be part of the portrait, but that would need to exclude your other daughters in law. Since they're all included you have no validity to make such a suggestion.Your son is right to be mad because it was an insulting request from you to be non inclusive of his wife because you think she'll ruin the picture due to her weight. Obviously, your son loves her very much and it seems to be unconditional here and he's deeply hurt. Realistically, your family love is worth more than a portrait and your relationship is too strong with your family to ruin over something so irrelevant. All I can suggest is you make your peace with your son and never make mention of it again. It's not worth it to any of you! Good luck.

I do not think his wife should be excluded from the picture. Remember he is your son to just like your other kids and his wife has the same rights to be in the picture as the other woman. Do not let this brake your relationship with your son. Remember that your son love this woman for whom she is not what she looks like put your self in her shoes what if they were doing this to you how would you feel? Loosing weight its not easy at all,especially after having kids. You should not be judging or talking about someone because of their looks no one is perfect in this world no one is and will never be. you should start being more kind and definitely change the way of how you think and say things.

She's part of the family so let her be included in the family portrait. Its not called a 'family portrait' for no reason you dumb *****. Include her in the portrait, it doesn't matter if she's thin or fat. Looks doesn't matter but your son being happy and his wifes feelings should. There's no reason to exclude her, just because she's overweight? So what? She's part of the family, so include her you shallow dick!

• Finwie

You're really shallow. How can you let the most important person in your son's life be excluded just because of her looks? I highly doubt your clients and business partners would make fun of an overweight person they don't know, if they do they're all bad people.

You my friend are a pathetic excuse of a human being. The fact that you even have a family shocks me, i'm surprised they didn't all abandon you. There's a special place in hell for people like you.

Wow, successful troll is successful...

Apparently, I am the only one here that knows a troll when I see one.

Haha. I've never read "self centered" so many times in a minute. Tell her she's fat, get called a ***** and live your lives.

• Ty

Show's over Alibaba go home.

• Amanda

Wow you are a cold hearted dick. Let her in the portrait.