?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 8 years ago

Republicans - Is Condoleezza Rice racist for not joining criticism of Obama on Libya?

Many republicans on Y/A said yesterday that the ONLY reason Colin Powell was endorsing President Obama was because of race. Is race the only reason Condolezza is not criticizing the president on Libya or could there be another reason?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-condole...

Favorite Answer

Many Republicans are wrong. Colin Powell is one of the most honest, forthright men in America. He has done a great deal for his country. I am quite sure if he believed that the Governor had the answers for moving the economy along faster than the President, he would be supporting Governor Romney. Unlike the Governor, Colin Powell and President Obama support and care about 100% of Americans, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender or political party affiliation. General Powell also knows which Candidate will do a better job on foreign policy and keeping American safe and that candidate is not Governor Romney.

Now to Conde Rice, my guess is the Republican Party is not so sure about winning this election and the less Condoleezza Rice has to do with Romney and this campaign, the better her chances will be in the 2016 Presidential race. The GOP is hoping that Ms. Rice can deliver the women's vote and the black vote.

> I only wish Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter were as intelligent as Condi Rice. Unfortunately, the two of them combined are not half as intelligent as she is. They open their pie holes all the time when they shouldn't.

THIS made me laugh so hard I pissed myself!

Clinton gave us a surplus you dolt! $100 million! He ended his Presidency PAYING OFF OUR DEBT, not adding to it! NO, and I mean NO, Republican has ever gotten better than a 2.7% average deficit increase over their term, and the only one that did was Dubbwa because he borrowed more money from China than any other President EVER!

And Carter had us on the road to energy independence (as in no more foreign oil) which would have averted not one, but at least 3 conflicts in the middle east! And then what happened? Oil companies raised the price of gas to give Reagan ammunition, and we hear the same rhetoric coming from the right as usual:

"The gas prices are awful!"

And then, in the same discussion:

"The free market works best when government stays out of it!"

But, I guess conservatives only make the exception the price of gasoline.

Fvcking hypocrites.

> Colin Powell is one of the most honest, forthright men in America. He has done a great deal for his country.

I am a liberal, but if Colin Powell had run for President he would have had my vote. Unfortunately 4 years of the Bush administration destroyed that man's reputation, and that is awful.

Condoleezza Rice is keeping herself busy, teaching young people how to avoid the mistakes of politicians like Pres. Obama and Colin Powell.

Condoleezza may have her own reasons for not openly criticizing the president. Colin actually came out and said, in 2008, that the reason he was voting for Obama was because of race. I assume that reason still holds.

I only wish Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter were as intelligent as Condi Rice. Unfortunately, the two of them combined are not half as intelligent as she is. They open their pie holes all the time when they shouldn't.

• Stymie

Boy, black Republicans catch hell from both sides.

Sorry to answer so directly, but WGAF?

• Virgil

Who knows just how they got to her?

• Tony

maybe she did not have all the facts