Should I take IB? I'm not sure?

I'm an 8th grader,and I'm wondering ifi should take IB for high school.

Im got straight A's for the 1st semester ,i have all advanced classes and I have 2 high school classes:

Earth/space honors,Geometry honors

I have a 4.0 unweighted GPA but,I don't know what my GPA would be weighted though

I play 3 instruments that I love and I play softball and planning on joining the softball team in high school,I don't know if I'll be able to do all this while taking these classes.Also I'm taking algebra 2 over the summer so I will be entering with trigonometry.

Now I have some questions :)

*Can you take both AP and IB?

For example can I take my IB classes HL and the ones that are supposed to be SL be AP?

*Do you get bullied a lot?

*What are some tips to survive this with a passing grade?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

I'm currently doing the IB and it is HARD. I used to get straight As and good scores back when I was in middle school. In 9th and 10th grade I did a different board called the IGCSE (CIE). I did pretty well in that and also topped the world. STILL, when I started IB for 11th and 12th grade, I struggled. There is a lot to do with internal assessments and essays.

Doing both AP and IB would be taking on too much. To get an IB diploma (11th and 12th grade) you have to do 6 subjects plus the Core. So I don't think you could take the SL subjects as AP. You could probably take AP classes and give the SL exam at the end of the year if that's okay with your school.

WIth the amount of extracurricular activities you have, you wont get time for much fun. I guess in the first 3 years it's all right. But your senior year will get tough with all the internal submissions you'll have to submit.

If you are a sincere student and you don't mind missing a few parties to stay in and study, it'll be a cakewalk for you. If you end up procrastinating a lot, you're in for a lot of trouble.

You should probably talk to a guidance counselor or talk to a teacher about how things work in your school because different schools offer different options.

If you do end up taking IB, good luck! :D It's a great experience and you learn a lot.

Source(s): Current IB student :D
  • ?

Okay. Time to transparent matters up. Your peers say it is "nugatory." LOL that is what my peers stated too. They have been so fallacious, and now, each and every unmarried considered one of them regrets no longer doing IB. I'm in it correct now. If you get A's, you very quite simply can do it. It's no longer as difficult as it sort of feels, if you know the way to stick geared up and are not afraid to paintings difficult. You have tons of time for physical activities as good! Some individuals do larger educational-shrewd for the duration of their season! And wtf I have tons of time for matters instead of homework xD that is one of these lie I sleep eight hours an afternoon, and my homework load is large in comparison to typical categories, definite, however it is quite simply completed and pleasurable. I have time to do anything I wish, however I'll admit that I'm an attractive sit back man or woman and do not love to run round xD both method, IB is quality and SO worthy. Anyone who tells you or else, hasn't taken IB or does not realize what it is approximately.

Just take it... IB is not that hard, in fact AP is normally harder.