Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 7 years ago

Minecraft Vanilla server?

I have a vanilla server for minecraft and it is a 1.3.2 & my question is simply this, how do you update the vanilla server without losing my world to 1.4.2.

I looked throughout the server stuff and it had no jar, just a data, DIM1, DIM-1, Players, region (folders) , DAT level (GOM media file) , level.dat_mcr, level.dat_old, session.lock

I know how to update normal minecraft and know my good fair share of information on the jar. But this i have no clue, i tried everything i could think of. And i do not have access to minecraft's main site, log in wise, so please exclude anything with that. And I tried looking for answers on google and many other sites, most are for bukkit servers, i want my simple vanilla server, just updated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Favorite Answer

copy the "world" folder and paste it in downloads-delete everything else-make new server-delete that servers world and replace it with the world you want!