Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Im looking for a new fantasy book series?

I am looking for a new fantasy book series. I have read Feist, george r r martin, salvatore, dragonlance, eddings, tolkein, brandon sanderson, robert jordan, robin hobb, inheritance series, terry goodkind, terry brooks, and im sure im missing some. Please, give me some suggestions. :) i will let you know if i have read it already! ty

I would rather read a more mature book series along the lines of game of thrones or robin hobb. I am not really looking for a young adult series

sigh* not read harry potter, something else please...

Favorite Answer

We seem to share a similar taste in authors/series. I've read and enjoyed every one you listed. Here are some others you might like. :)

-The Wayfarer Redemption series by Sara Douglass. The first book is: The Wayfarer Redemption

-The Darkover series by Marion Zimmer Bradley. The first book is: Darkover Landfall

-The Demon Cycle by Peter V. Brett. The first book is: The Warded Man

-The Winds of the Forelands series by David B. Coe. The first book is: Rules of Ascension

-The Green Rider series by Kristen Britain. The first book is: Green Rider

-The Ithelas series by Liane Merciel. The first book is: The River Kings' Road

-The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. The first book is: Storm Front

-The Matthew Corbet series by Robert McCammon. The first book is: Speaks the Nightbird

-The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell. The first book is: The Winter King

-The Crowthistle Chronicles by Cecilia Dart-Thornton. The first book is: The Iron Tree

-The Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony. The first book is: On a Pale Horse

-The Warlock of Gramarye series by Christopher Stasheff. The first book is: The Warlock in Spite of Himself

-The Talisman series by Stephen King and Peter Straub. The first book is: The Talisman

Young Adult, but worth the read.

-The Seven Realms series by Cinda William Chima. The first book is: The Demon King

-The Rangers Apprentice series by John Flanagan. The first book is: The Ruins of Gorlan

The Raine Benares series by Lisa Shearin.

Warlock series by Christopher Stasheff (or possibly the Wizard in Rhyme, depends on your tastes)

Deryni series by Katherine Kurtz

Mercedes Lackey is usually good, too.

• Try the Harry Potter series.

The Chronicles of Nick

oh man!!! i love Dragonlance!

it's one of my all time favorites!

I would also recommend the Elemental Masters Series by Mercedes Lackey