What is the best way to sell my motorcycle?

I have a gsxr 600. It's a 2005 with 11500 miles. What is the best way to sell my motorcycle and get cash for it? I don't want to use pay pal or ship it? Any ideas?

• One
    Favorite Answer

Craigs list. Newspaper. Motorcycle Trader. Pick one or pick all. And say no to shipping or Pay Pal. It's that easy. I like Craigs List the best. It's free and you can post pic's

• Spewy

Wow, doing away with a shipping option is really going to cut down your market! It is not difficult, just tell any prospective buyer that they have to make all the arrangements for shipping and you are free and clear, all you have to do is be there when the shipping company picks up the bike.

I buy bikes and cars online all the time and just tell any seller I'll handle all the shipping stuff, all they have to do is be there when the bike is scheduled to be picked up by the shippers, and the seller can even tell me where they want the bike picked up, easy.

Payment is easy too, you can require a bank issued check made out from the bank to you and stipulate that you must receive the check and have it clear BEFORE the bike can be picked up, or you can have a wire transfer right to your account, there are many options that won't cost you like Paypal would.

Of course, if you want to really limit your market and propective buyers, then go ahead and don't allow somebody to buy it and have it shipped, but it is stupid to do that when somebody out of state may want to buy it now, while it may sit for months with just a local pick up only..

You could advertise it in MCN bike paper comes out every wednesday local paper shop.

Put an ad in Kijiji in your area. It's free advertising.

Source(s): 2007 Kawasaki 650R owner

Gift it to the Salvation Army. They can in turn give it to some kid with disabilities.