Anne asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 7 years ago

poem help!!!!Im sooo stumped!?

My poem is about the revonalutionary war/paul revere I need 10 lines and I only have 5....My poem ryming is an abab (and so on) pattern this is what I have so far....

The paul Revere story is very true.a

But have you heard about the other two?b

Prescol daws and paul Revere are now a crew.a

The british are coming the british are coming Revere definatly had spew.b

The crowds of the soldiers grew....a

Best Answer

Poems that rhyme but that don't observe any metrical scheme are usually called "doggerel," and that's not a complimentary name.

Ogden Nash did this on purpose, but for humorous effect in his satirical poems.

Free (non-metrical) verse is an important part of the world of poetry, but free-verse poets almost never rhyme; it just sounds silly.

So either drop the rhyme and make this poem real free verse (in which case, pay closer attention to your line breaks; they don't need to occur at the end of a sentence, and in fact, making line and sentence the same thing makes the finished product sound clunky); or else do a metrical AND rhyming poem, in which case you need to choose a metrical scheme and stick to it.

You are customarily fairly worn out and busy. Most reliable writers set aside a time and position to put in writing (or attempt to) everyday. What you write may suck; you may also need to throw it away the next day to come. However writing professionally takes quite a few private discipline and having a movements will support you to focus and relax. Ensure you might be well rested (you're in university, that is a joke) and there aren't too many distractions. Anything you do, do not quit on whatever you love. You will continuously regret it. You might also discover in case your English/Literature dept has a inventive writing type--that appears like what you might be used to. The trainer can traditionally provide you with some hints to aid you out.

You won't run out of rhymes as quickly if you don't end the lines with the same syllable.

• HD

You need to more careful of how you end lines.

If you do that you may find it easier to come up with the rest of your assignment.