Solving this problem via linear programming?

Hello. I am having difficulty on finding how to start on this problem: A health food store is creating smoothies with soy protein and vitamin supplements. A Soy Joy smoothie costs $2.75 and uses 2 ounces of soy and 1 ounce of vitamin supplement. A Vitamin Boost smoothie costs $3.25 and uses 3 ounces... show more Hello. I am having difficulty on finding how to start on this problem:

A health food store is creating smoothies with soy protein and vitamin
supplements. A Soy Joy smoothie costs $2.75 and uses 2 ounces of soy and 1 ounce
of vitamin supplement. A Vitamin Boost smoothie costs $3.25 and uses 3 ounces of
vitamin supplement and 1 ounce of soy protein. The store has 100 ounces each of
vitamin supplement and soy protein in stock. How many of each type of smoothie
should the store make in order to maximize revenue?

I'd appreciate it if anyone can show me how to solve this problem via linear programming (Algebra II).
Update: Thanks, nyc_kid, though would you mind explaining how you got the constraints 2X + Y <=100 for Soy Joy and X + 3Y <=100 for Vitamin Boost in great detail?
1 answer 1