promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do you agree with death penalty?

So many libs disagree with the death penalty, the ultimate punishment for the most heinous crimes. Now what if an innocent person, a blank slate was sitting in a wet, dark room and suddenly a vacuum sucked them out and someone chopped them up. Are you against this? Isn't this all abortion is? Stop pretending this is a choice vs life issue. This is a discussion of when a fetus becomes human. This is not a women's issue, this is a human's rights issue. Stop clouding this issue. Most GOP conservatives only want the process to be more extensive, since this is a big choice a woman must make, after all it is ending life.

Update:

@Gwen

No I referred to the woman's vagina as a place where a developing and defenseless human being must wait for 9 months at the complete whim of the woman he or she resides in without any choice.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

The Death Penalty: Justice & Saving More Innocents

Dudley Sharp

The death penalty has a foundation in justice and it spares more innocent lives.

Anti death penalty arguments are either false or the pro death penalty arguments are stronger.

The majority populations of all countries may support the death penalty for some crimes (1).

Why? Justice.

THE DEATH PENALTY: SAVING MORE INNOCENT LIVES

Of all endeavors that put innocents at risk, is there one with a better record of sparing innocent lives than the US death penalty? Unlikely.

1) The Death Penalty: Saving More Innocent Lives

http://prodpinnc.blogspot.com/2012/03/death-penalt...

2) Innocents More At Risk Without Death Penalty

http://prodpinnc.blogspot.com/2012/03/innocents-mo...

MORAL FOUNDATIONS: DEATH PENALTY PT. 1

1) Saint (& Pope) Pius V: "The just use of (executions), far from involving the crime of murder, is an act of paramount obedience to this (Fifth) Commandment which prohibits murder." "The Roman Catechism of the Council of Trent" (1566).

2) Pope Pius XII; "When it is a question of the execution of a man condemned to death it is then reserved to the public power to deprive the condemned of the benefit of life, in expiation of his fault, when already, by his fault, he has dispossessed himself of the right to live." 9/14/52.

3) John Murray: "Nothing shows the moral bankruptcy of a people or of a generation more than disregard for the sanctity of human life."

"... it is this same atrophy of moral fiber that appears in the plea for the abolition of the death penalty."

"It is the sanctity of life that validates the death penalty for the crime of murder. It is the sense of this sanctity that constrains the demand for the infliction of this penalty. The deeper our regard for life the firmer will be our hold upon the penal sanction which the violation of that sanctity merit." (Page 122 of Principles of Conduct).

4) Immanuel Kant: "If an offender has committed murder, he must die. In this case, no possible substitute can satisfy justice. For there is no parallel between death and even the most miserable life, so that there is no equality of crime and retribution unless the perpetrator is judicially put to death.".

"A society that is not willing to demand a life of somebody who has taken somebody else's life is simply immoral."

5) Billy Graham: "God will not tolerate sin. He condemns it and demands payment for it. God could not remain a righteous God and compromise with sin. His holiness and His justice demand the death penalty." ( "The Power of the Cross," published in the Apr. 2007 issue of Decision magazine ).

6) Theodore Roosevelt: "It was really heartrending to have to see the kinfolk and friends of murderers who were condemned to death, and among the very rare occasions when anything governmental or official caused me to lose sleep were times when I had to listen to some poor mother making a plea for a criminal so wicked, so utterly brutal and depraved, that it would have been a crime on my part to remit his punishment.".

7) Jean-Jacques Rousseau: " In such circumstances, the State and he cannot both be saved: one or the other must perish. In killing the criminal, we destroy not so much a citizen as an enemy. The trial and judgments are proofs that he has broken the Social Contract, and so is no longer a member of the State." (The Social Contract).

8) John Locke: "A criminal who, having renounced reason... hath, by the unjust violence and slaughter he hath committed upon one, declared war against all mankind, and therefore may be destroyed as a lion or tyger, one of those wild savage beasts with whom men can have no society nor security." And upon this is grounded the great law of Nature, "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed." Second Treatise of Civil Government.

"Moral/ethical Death Penalty Support: Christian and secular Scholars"

http://prodpinnc.blogspot.com/2009/07/death-penalt...

"The Death Penalty: Neither Hatred nor Revenge"

http://homicidesurvivors.com/2009/07/20/the-death-...

"The Death Penalty: Not a Human Rights Violation"

http://homicidesurvivors.com/2006/03/20/the-death-...

"Killing Equals Killing: The Amoral Confusion of Death Penalty Opponents"

http://homicidesurvivors.com/2009/02/01/murder-and...

1) US Death Penalty Support at 80%; World Support Remains High

http://prodpinnc.blogspot.com/2012/04/us-death-pen...

Much more, upon request. sharpjfa@aol.com

Source(s): . There is no constituional right to life. 99.7% of murderers, subject to the death penalty, prefer life over death.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

> Now what if an innocent person, a blank slate was sitting in a wet, dark room and suddenly a vacuum sucked them out and someone chopped them up. Are you against this?

Sure I’d be against this. The reason I’d be against it is that a person in such a situation would experience a great deal of suffering. Also we would not cause the room to suffer by preventing such actions.

In the case of abortion, however, the “room” suffers quite a bit in response to anti-abortion laws that attempt to remove her control over her own body. And since suffering requires a brain, zygotes and embryos and early fetuses won’t suffer at all. As the brain of the fetus develops, it becomes less unreasonable to protect the fetus at the expense of the adult, but Roe v Wade allows for that by allowing restrictions on abortion after the point of viability.

> Stop pretending this is a choice vs life issue.

It clearly is a choice issue. The ability of the woman to choose what to do with her own body is at stake. It’s also just as clearly not a “life” issue. The sperm is just as much “human life” as the fetus. The portion of the placenta expelled as “afterbirth” even has the same DNA as the fetus. It’s not even a “potential life” issue: the ovulating woman saying no to sex prevents a potential life as surely as the woman taking a morning-after pill. And the abortion that is prevented now often means the woman will not be in a position to have a wanted child later, when she otherwise would have chosen to do so.

> This is a discussion of when a fetus becomes human.

Sperm is human life. Placentas are human life. This is a discussion of when a fetus becomes a person, not when it “becomes human”.

> This is not a women's issue, this is a human's rights issue.

All women’s rights issues are human rights issues. Why do conservatives, who claim to hate the idea of large intrusive governments, keep glossing over the fact that they are trying to get the government to tell people what they can do with their own bodies?

• 8 years ago

Profound and Beautiful defense of the Innocent lives who are not able to protect their right to Life. I am Pro-Life.

I also think women need to take responsibility for their actions. Can't afford pills...then you should not be having sex or expect others to pay for your selfish indulgences.

Can't protect yourself...don't bring an innocent life through conception and then decide to kill that life. Only exception should be if the Mothers life is endangered by the pregnancy.

Death penalty is righteous and has been since the beginning of time. Justice to those who commit Heinous Crimes and are proven Guilty should be punished by a Civilized Society with execution.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Yes, I agree with the penalty, and you disappoint me in terms of all of your additional comments; this feels very much like false advertising -- posting a question about one topic, and then finding out that you want to elaborate on yet another topic that truly is not related to what you asked about (or at least you did not try to relate the two topics). Abortion and the death penalty are not the same topic, and not only do some people support abortion rights and oppose the death penalty, but some people oppose both, some support both, in addition to the fact that some people oppose abortion and support the death penalty.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

No, I believe in a constitutional right to life, which is why I also oppose abortion.

Besides, a life in solitary confinement is far worse than the death penalty. Death row inmates have contact with other inmates, guards and have visitation and communications. If they were not allowed these things, they would favor execution.

• 8 years ago

Did you just compare a woman to an inanimate prison cell?

Hint: they aren't. Any comparison you make that dehumanizes a woman and reduces her to an incubator is not valid.

EDIT: "No I referred to the woman's vagina as a place where a developing and defenseless human being must wait for 9 months at the complete whim of the woman he or she resides in without any choice."

Uh-oh, you might want to go retake Anatomy 101; a fetus doesn't develop for nine months in the vagina . . .

And you absolutely compared a woman's body to a "wet, dark room". I'm quoting you verbatim here.

• 8 years ago

No. I am pro-life, which is why I oppose abortion, the death penalty, the war industry, and profit-driven healthcare models.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

.......and who on this earth was given the right to take an innocent life. God bless you and all who protect the innocent babies.

• 8 years ago

if they took a life on purpose not on drugs or anything there life should be taken

• 8 years ago

Hell yeas

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.