Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 7 years ago

1996 chevy cavalier 82000 miles for 3000 v4 4 door or 1999 dodge dakota sport 109000 miles for 4000 v6 2 door?

I'm 17 and getting one of these cars match them and tell me which one is the best?

• devita

Naturally the Dakota will cost you extra to possess, but you come to a decision what your priorities are. ~2000 Cavaliers at round one hundred twenty five-150k miles list for $2000 around here. That 96 is low miles, maybe it can be worth it if the specific situation is as just right because the miles, but i haven't looked at pricing on these in that year and mileage range. All 96 Cavaliers are 4 cylinders, but it could be either a 2.2L pushrod economy engine, or a 2.4L DOHC. The latter is more pricey, complicated, and robust, however less dependable. I might handiest do not forget it if the automobile has a quality historical past and you're totally definite it hasn't been neglected. If it wishes to overheat, that's a bad signal so undoubtedly stay away from it. Men and women smash these engines more simply than the 2.2L they usually're also extra steeply-priced and difficult to work on. The 2.2L is the simpler alternative if you simply want a cost-effective vehicle. No longer certain about that $three,000 rate though. Anything you buy, depart as a minimum $500, ideally more like $a thousand within the bank to quilt viable repairs and specific maintenance. Used cars invariably end up wanting some work. At minimal, a full upkeep going-over is mandatory, however you'll additionally to find anything that wants to be fixed.

I believe he means:

- 1996 chevy cavalier, 82,000 miles, 4-cylinder, 4 door for cost of $3,000

or

- 1999 dodge dakota sport, 109000 miles, v6, 2 door for $4,000

I would try and get the dakota because it will be the best bang for your buck and you may be even to talk down the price.

and on a side note V4 cars did exist briefly but obviously he means 4 cylinder not V4.

Source(s): opinion
  • PMack

"3000 V4 4 door"

What is that supposed to be?

3000 is almost a thousand years away.

No cars or pickups are currently sold with V4 engines.

No make/model listed.

EDIT - haha Zach's probably right, I thought maybe he was asking about a Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 and just butchered it. An apples and oranges comparison here, but both of these seem too expensive given their age - I would not pay 3K for a 17 year old Cavalier low miles or not, I highly doubt book value is anywhere near that number, and the Dakota doesn't have enough info, 2WD or 4?

just go to edmunds.com and get the values, do the research.

Well, do you want a truck or a car? They are two entirely different vehicles other than both being American made. $3K price tag on the Cav seems a little high for a '96 year unless it has been very well maintained and is immaculate and/or is a z-24 model. Otherwise, I wouldn't pay 3K for it.

Source(s): '01 Cav

dakota