What is the difference between a real emo, and a poser emo?

What is the difference between a real emo, and a poser emo?

Ok, I was just wondering what the difference is between a real emo and a poser emo. What does a real emo look like and a fake one look like. When you explain to me (if you do) I'd prefer if you describe but pictures are fine. Thank you if you answered.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

I can't really name a difference, but I can tell you that I hate both of them

• I guess a real emo... google it and look at the images. It's that style.

A poser would be someone who... I guess is just starting out with the style so they don't know much but they brag about how "emo" they are and such.

That's my opinion.

And I personally don't believe that cutting should be a major trait in that trend. I used to self harm and I did not call myself emo or wear the attire and I didn't brag about it or make up bullsh*t problems... Well I guess emos do exactly what I didn't so there you go.

• CSE
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

They both look the same.

The difference is the real emo is an actual depressed moody drama queen, whereas the poser emo merely likes depressing sucky music and has poor taste in fashion.

• 7 years ago

Real emo get their clothes at hot topic.. they are so pro.. keeping the year 2006 alive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

The difference is razor blades dark bedrooms cutting because parents just dont understand vs. bad haircuts,hot topic and converse sneakers. Either way not way too much "my chemical romance" for my liking.

• 7 years ago

"poser emos get their clothes at Walmarts! lol!

• 7 years ago

They dress pretty much alike, but real emos actually cut themselves!

• 7 years ago

i dont like emo

• JMA
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

I.Don't.Care

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.