I am 14 and I don't know what book to read?

I like books like these:

Harry potter

Divergent

The hunger games

Any Sara season books

I am currently reading wolves boys and other things that might kill me

A dogs purpose

Uglies

So I like books with a little romance but also some adventure and action. Divergent is probably one of my favorites. I have read insurgent. And I want to read the one that comes out soon!!

Also I have read the nightshade series by Andrea creamer. Those books are REALLY good. It includes the books nightshade, bloodrose, and wolfsbane.

And thanks to everyone who answered so far!!

Favorite Answer

Because you mentioned Divergent, I can suggest a few like it - strong female leads, mystery, action, and a little bit of story-appropriate romance.

Across the Universe by Beth Revis - 2011. When 17-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo on a spaceship, she expects to be thawed 300 years later upon arrival at a new planet. However, her world turns upside down when she is awakened fifty years too early and finds herself embroiled in the mystery surrounding the attempted murders of frozen passengers. Her life endangered by Eldest, the tyrannical leader of the ship's maintenance population, she turns to her only ally: Elder, the young man destined to take Eldest's place as leader. As they solve the mystery together, romance blossoms between Amy and Elder, complicating an already complex situation.

The Shore of Monsters by David J. Nix – 2011. Five generations earlier, a horde of monsters nearly obliterated humanity. All males are dead or ruined by a monster plague; words like 'father' and 'romance' have lost meaning. When teenager Sky joins an expedition to the shore that falls apart, she must survive amongst the monsters that roam the ruins. She gets unexpected help from a very surprising source. Mystery, action, and romance follow!

Blood Red Road (Dustlands Series) by Moira Young – 2012. In a post-apocalyptic future, 18-year-old Saba’s twin brother is stolen by black-clad riders. When tough-as-nails Saba launches a relentless search to recover him, she must fight for her life in gladiator cages, overcome enemies both creature and human, and learn to trust others for the first time. And try as she might, she can’t help but fall for the charming scoundrel Jack, who just may understand her more than she knows.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver – 2011. In the tightly controlled society of a future America, love is forbidden, classified as ‘deliria’ by authorities. Three months before her 18th birthday and a mandatory procedure to ‘cure’ her deliria, Lena meets Alex, who sends her heart aflutter. As love blossoms between the two, Lena questions what she has always been told about love, and begins to consider the unthinkable: not submitting to the cure, and choosing deliria instead. Beautifully written, but a little slow. (Okay - a lot of romance in this one)

Enclave by Ann Aguirre – 2011. In a shattered, post-apocalyptic world, 15-year old Deuce’s dream has come true. She has been named a Huntress, trusted by her community to brave the world outside of the sheltering tunnels and the threat of monstrous Freaks to bring meet to the tribe. The assignment is complicated by her pairing with the rebellious and handsome Fade, and a realization that the Freaks are growing more organized and cunning. Deuce and Fade must convince the tribal Elders of the imminent danger before it is too late.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan – 2010. Seven generations have passed since the Return, a plague that reanimates dead humans into creatures that feed on the living. Teenager Mary lives inside one of the last enclaves of uninfected, protected by a chain link fence that surrounds her village. When the fence is breached, Mary flees the village with a small band of survivors. Their flight toward an uncertain salvation is both harrowing and revealing, as they try to determine if they are humanity’s last hope.

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff – 2006. Fascinating novel about the outbreak of a 21st century world war as seen through the eyes of Daisy, a 15 year old American staying with her cousins on a remote England farm. At first utopian, the kid's existence degenerates into horror as the war encroaches on the farm. Through the several month period covered by the story, Daisy grows from a self-centered girl into a determined survivor. This book will leave a mark on the reader for years to come.

Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer – 2008. The moon has moved closer to Earth and the resulting calamities have resulted in the death of most people. The story, told through the eyes of a teen girl, chronicle the aftermath.

The Uglies Trilogy by Scott Westerfield – 2005. In a future society, a mandatory operation at age 16 wipes out physical differences, turning "Uglies" into "Pretties". The Pretties are allowed freedom to play, while the Uglies jealously await their turn. Ugly Tally has gotten into trouble that may forfeit her operation. The menacing government offers her a way out: find a group of rebel Uglies, infiltrate, and betray them. Tally agrees, but upon finding the rebels comes to understand the terrible price of becoming pretty.

You should read the Golden Compass or Northern Lights (it has different names in different regions) by Philip Pullman. It's the first of a three parter, I swear to god I read those books when I was 19 and I'm almost 26 now and I have never enjoyed reading so much. I was gutted when I finished the third book.

Without giving too much away it's a coming of age adventure story about a girl who lives in England in a parallel universe, it was voted number 3 in a poll of Britain's favourite books a couple of years ago.

• Kelley

Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

The Secret Under My Skin by Janet McNaughton

Gone by Michael Grant

All are similar to Divergent.

at first, no person is basically too outdated for Lewis Carroll. ok, right this is your booklist for something of the summer season. a million- The Golden Compass (Philip Pullman) 2- the delicate Knife (Philip Pullman) 3- The Amber Spyglass (Philip Pullman) 4- something wicked this form Comes (Ray Bradbury) 5- Thr3e (Ted Dekker) 6- Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury) 7- Valentine's citadel (Robert Silverberg) 8- The Giver (Lois Lowry -- definite somewhat) 9- Scorpion Shards (Neal Shusterman) 10- Thief of Souls (Neal Shusterman) eleven- Shattered Sky (Neal Shusterman) 12- A hastily Tilting Planet (Madeleine L'Engle) that could desire to get you for the time of the summer season -- have exciting!

The Light Between Oceans

• Amanda

Delirium by Lauren Oliver (series)

Legend by Marie Lu

Across the Universe by Beth Revis (series)

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margarent Stohl (series)

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Both the Mortal Instrument and the Internal Devices series by Cassandra Clare are brilliant reads and I think you will like them. Also, try the Enemy, the Dead and the Fear by Charlie Higgson, but they may be a bit gory..

Game of Thrones. It's possibly the best book I've ever read and it has a little bit of everything for everyone.

Try Phillip pullman's 'His dark materials' trilogy if you haven't already read them. I read the first book of the trilogy 'northern lights' around your age and was gripped.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians BEST BOOK EVER trust me, try it

Source(s): My brain