Need advice from managers?

I need advice from managers. I've been in a new position for about 4 months. Part of my role that I've been doing for a month or so involves sending out letters (that entail to our organization). During the last 1/2 hour before we were leaving I accidentally grabbed the wrong envelopes so my letters ( and... show more I need advice from managers. I've been in a new position for about 4 months. Part of my role that I've been doing for a month or so involves sending out letters (that entail to our organization). During the last 1/2 hour before we were leaving I accidentally grabbed the wrong envelopes so my letters ( and everyone elses which is 4 or five people) were sent with the wrong return address. Someone else caught this but if they hadn't, these letters would have been sent with the wrong envelopes. It was really just a horrible day to the ending of a horrible week..

I plan to discuss this with my supervisor but I want to hear from managers. How big of a mistake is this? I posted this earlier. I talked to my boss about it and he said it was fine because it was caught by someone. But, I still feel bad, once more I feel bad that I cost people twenty minutes or so on there quotas.

My suggestion is to ask my manager to dock my pay for a day. Does this sound suitable to you in consideration for the error?
1 answer 1