Were these Christians just following (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)?

Honour killing: Couple who converted to Islam ‘killed by family’

http://tribune.com.pk/story/454614/honour-killing-...

@Oops but (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT) allows it!

Anyway, my point is that if it was the other way round and a Muslim family had done the killing, it would be all over Fox News and CNN all Islamophobes would be claiming "this is Islam" but because it's a Christian family you can only find one or two articles on papers that aren't widely read.

LOL @ Christians justifying this. I guess they agree with it. And why can't you follow the OT? Are you saying that it's a bad book? If so then why aren't you aggressive against the Jews for following such an evil book? And can you explain why your god would make those rules in the first place?

Best Answer

Just another nutter with a gun.

"Family honuor" is not religion

ADDED, I know Deuteronomy allows it [Leviticus too I believe] and yes it would be all over the news if it was the other way round.

My point is that many people use religion as a tool for personal means of all religions/

One persons bad deeds can not be used to justify others.

@ Jesus is Lord.......[as if] and BB

Jesus [pbuh] said he was not here to abolish the old [Jewish] law but to fulfil it.

Read the bible !!

Matthew 5:17-19 KJV This is New Testament !!!!

17/Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18/ For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Even later rewrites say this

And if Jewish law was abolished why do Christians quote and follow the Ten Commandments ?

Regardless of the drivvel Paul later wrote when creating a God , these words and the Jewish laws stand , did you forget Jesus [pbuh] was a Jew ?

@Jesus is L..... Do you reject Matthew 5 :17 - 19 ? are you claiming a change in policy.

I read it too.

You can not pick and choose which bits you want to follow in the bible.

Matthew 22:36-40

Jesus was asked: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Yet again reference to the old laws as the prophets

You need to understand the fact that you are quoting from the Old Testament, aka the Torah, which is not binding on the Christians at all.

As for the "News Story", it's from Pakistan.

What more do you need to say?

.

• I find it funny that muslims are pointing fingers over this. As if you guys don't do this stuff regularly. How would an Iranian or a Saudi who wanted to convert to Christianity last?

• No. Deuteronomy is Jewish law.

Jesus gave us 2 commands - love God and love each other. Obviously those "Christians" figured they should act like Mo, not Jesus.

@Oops. I've read the Bible many times. Jesus did fulfill the law. Maybe you should read it to know what that means. 2 commands from Jesus - they encompass all the laws. You don't kill someone if you love them! Stop following a false prophet and god and maybe YOU will understand.