Mouse will not show up in games?

This problem has been going on since I got my Pavilion dv6 which runs on Windows 7. NONE of my games will show the cursor, and some will not even light up when my invisible cursor is over an option. I really have no idea why my laptop does this. For some reason it works okay on these games from early 2000, but anything new and specifically made for Windows 7 has caused many issues. My Sims 3 kept crashing, so I was forced to uninstall. In Sid Meier's Civilization V, there is not even an image displayed on my monitor. Fable 3 and Spore have no cursor. Please help, I've contacted so many people about this and nothing is working.

I can't change the screen resolution in my game if I can't click on anything.

I have Radeon graphics and my laptop is an Entertainment series, and that's about all I know. I have no clue how to find any information on what model it is

For some reason the Radeon graphics installer said my graphics adapter is not supported

Favorite Answer

Sounds like you should start by updating you graphics card drivers or find drivers for your mouse.

If you know the make and model for either i will be able to point you in the right direction

you might need to update the video driver. Find what is the video chip, then go fetch the driver on the manufacturer web site. Also, download directx 9 . It is not included with windows 7, only directx 10 is included.

Hmm, purchase a clean one or connect it to a distinctive usb port! What you additionally can try is to plug off the skill cable, look ahead to extra advantageous or much less 5-10mins, after which turn on the computing gadget and notice in the adventure that your mouse starts off off working. the challenge must be introduced approximately of corrupted usb port. Or the drivers must be inflicting this, you may try uninstalling the mouse drivers and notice if the challenge occurs.

Yes that happened to me to in games. Try a different setting for RESOLUTION in your game settings. Resize the screen.

Source(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69hfjANIANM how to speed up your pc