Boo-hoo! Fashion Bug is gone - now what do I do?

The Dress Barn bought out Fashion Bug and has deleted the brand completely.

As a plus-size, I bought a lot of clothing there.

The prices were reasonable and the clothes worked pretty well.

Dress Barn is more upscale.

The clothes are similar to Fashion Bug but 50% more costly.

Where do plus-sized senior ladies shop, considering price and availability of attractive garments?

Do you prefer Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or Meijers?

BQ: what other chain stores cater to lower-cost fashions for plus sizes?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

To begin with he's not in administrative center unless Jan 20/09, something going down right now's underneath the Bush administration. You'll certainly not hear Boo Hoo, for the reason that the first-class Candidate won to be the brand new President of the usA.. I am just questioning when the rest of the die-rough Republican supporters stop whining and see that Obama won and by means of a large margin. I feel Democrats and Republicans have been all boo hooing for the final 8 years ! EDIT: To smooth Fox, Brilliantly said, high-quality summation.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Power
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I love Fashion Barn & haven't found it to cost that much. Maybe when they put the 2 together they will lower the prices a bit. So hopefully you have nothing to boo-hoo about. I think you should write them & let them know about your concern.

There are so many full figure women. If you are out & see one dressed pretty you could go up & compliment them & say something like "that is beautiful dress would you mine telling me where you buy your clothes from or where you got that from?". I think the compliment will get them in a good mood & they should then respond to you in a positive way.

Did you look on-line to see what stores might have your size. I am petite but my mother was a 42, 44 so I am familar with larger sized. She was a Lane Bryant women. There are also groups now for people who are your size so see if you can find one of these groups. You might find one on line & being able to put your question on a board with others who will have some great answers & might even being able to petition Fashion Barn.

• lauren
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

...I have to agree with you.I did like that store and have bought clothes from each side of it.Target seems to have only small sizes,which I can wear in slacks and pants,but being large bosomed,Fashion Bug had things I could wear,easily. Dress Barn I will eventually check out.I am told Macy`s has a nice multi- size department. I have had poor luck in mail order.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Catherine's is nice but much higher-priced, they have some good sales several times a year and I find some of their brands on E-bay. Also one side of Cato has plus-sizes. Ross is a good place for bargains, have to shop it on a regular basis because sometimes they are a little picked over.

• ncgirl
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

The plus sizes at the Walmart in my area are all cheap and tacky looking and probably cost more than what you would pay at a better store. For casual wear I like Lane Bryant.

• 8 years ago

Kohl's, Avenue, Bedford Fair, Woman Within - and you'd be surprised what kinds of prices you can get at Macys during sales and clearance which they have going on all the time.

Source(s): Plus-Size Clothing Internet Shopping Directories @ Elegant Plus, Specializing in Sizes 12-34W http://www.elegantplus.com/Plus-Size-Clothing-Mall...
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Perhaps check out online QVC. They seem to have some pretty things in a good variety of prices and sizes.

• 8 years ago

T J Maxx

they have a little of everything though some is higher in price. They do have real bargains, if you look through everything you should find something.

• 8 years ago

MAXI

Penningtons

Old Navy

• 8 years ago

go to Sears or Penny's. we have a bon ton which is great. you can still find good buys in the new store, it's all a matter of timing. as a general rule, buying off season is a bargain basement joy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.