Boo-hoo! Fashion Bug is gone - now what do I do?

The Dress Barn bought out Fashion Bug and has deleted the brand completely.

As a plus-size, I bought a lot of clothing there.

The prices were reasonable and the clothes worked pretty well.

Dress Barn is more upscale.

The clothes are similar to Fashion Bug but 50% more costly.

Where do plus-sized senior ladies shop, considering price and availability of attractive garments?

Do you prefer Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or Meijers?

BQ: what other chain stores cater to lower-cost fashions for plus sizes?

To begin with he's not in administrative center unless Jan 20/09, something going down right now's underneath the Bush administration. You'll certainly not hear Boo Hoo, for the reason that the first-class Candidate won to be the brand new President of the usA.. I am just questioning when the rest of the die-rough Republican supporters stop whining and see that Obama won and by means of a large margin. I feel Democrats and Republicans have been all boo hooing for the final 8 years ! EDIT: To smooth Fox, Brilliantly said, high-quality summation.

• Power

I love Fashion Barn & haven't found it to cost that much. Maybe when they put the 2 together they will lower the prices a bit. So hopefully you have nothing to boo-hoo about. I think you should write them & let them know about your concern.

There are so many full figure women. If you are out & see one dressed pretty you could go up & compliment them & say something like "that is beautiful dress would you mine telling me where you buy your clothes from or where you got that from?". I think the compliment will get them in a good mood & they should then respond to you in a positive way.

Did you look on-line to see what stores might have your size. I am petite but my mother was a 42, 44 so I am familar with larger sized. She was a Lane Bryant women. There are also groups now for people who are your size so see if you can find one of these groups. You might find one on line & being able to put your question on a board with others who will have some great answers & might even being able to petition Fashion Barn.

• lauren

...I have to agree with you.I did like that store and have bought clothes from each side of it.Target seems to have only small sizes,which I can wear in slacks and pants,but being large bosomed,Fashion Bug had things I could wear,easily. Dress Barn I will eventually check out.I am told Macy`s has a nice multi- size department. I have had poor luck in mail order.

Catherine's is nice but much higher-priced, they have some good sales several times a year and I find some of their brands on E-bay. Also one side of Cato has plus-sizes. Ross is a good place for bargains, have to shop it on a regular basis because sometimes they are a little picked over.

• ncgirl

The plus sizes at the Walmart in my area are all cheap and tacky looking and probably cost more than what you would pay at a better store. For casual wear I like Lane Bryant.

Kohl's, Avenue, Bedford Fair, Woman Within - and you'd be surprised what kinds of prices you can get at Macys during sales and clearance which they have going on all the time.

Source(s): Plus-Size Clothing Internet Shopping Directories @ Elegant Plus, Specializing in Sizes 12-34W http://www.elegantplus.com/Plus-Size-Clothing-Mall...

Perhaps check out online QVC. They seem to have some pretty things in a good variety of prices and sizes.

T J Maxx

they have a little of everything though some is higher in price. They do have real bargains, if you look through everything you should find something.

MAXI

Penningtons

Old Navy

go to Sears or Penny's. we have a bon ton which is great. you can still find good buys in the new store, it's all a matter of timing. as a general rule, buying off season is a bargain basement joy