promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I'm visiting Edinburgh for a long weekend in November any recommendations for places to visit?

I'm already planning on the botanical gardens and Holyrood

Also I've been told its drastically colder there than it is here in north Wales, just how much colder is it so I know what to pack

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Ian 52
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Edinburgh Zoo : you could go and see the Pandas , climate wise i don't think you will notice much difference to be honest Wales & Scotland are much the same weatherwise...hope you enjoy your visit. :o)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • guiri
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Walk down the Royal Mile.

Walk up the Water of Leith from Stockbridge.

Arthurs Seat (Taxi up, walk down!)

The New Town.

Here is my usual recommendation for a free guide: http://www.timeout.com/edinburgh/

Have a look at Tripadvisor too.

Weather. Edinburgh is dryer than South Wales, and today , it is around 8 degrees C colder than North Wales. The wind in Edinburgh is often strong so take hooded rainwear as brollies get blown inside out.

Source(s): Go there often
  • 8 years ago

Pack layers, vest tops with t-shirts etc as a lot of the shops etc get really warm. That way you can shed layers!

Edinburgh is such a cool city, go down to the grass market for a few drinks in the pubs there, go for walk up to Carlton Hill at sunrise or sunset (don't go alone though, as in any city ) if you're fit go up Arthur's seat and the view is a-mazing.

There are some great shops, theatres (the Bedlam usually has cheap improvised student comedy) if you have time and access to a car or the train, go to North Berwick which is pretty.

Biggest tip of all, wear comfy boots or shoes as Edinburgh is hilly and busy. Take time out to see some of the art galleries and take the weight off your feet in the coffee shops.

Source(s): Lived there as a student for 6 years
  • 8 years ago

10 places to visit in Edinburgh ---

Edinburgh Castle

Greyfriars Kirkyard

Our Dynamic Earth

Royal Yacht Britannia

Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre

National Museum of Scotland

Royal Botanic Gardens

National Library of Scotland

Palace of Holyroodhouse

Museum of Childhood

Thank You

Source(s): www.wikipedia.org
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Go and do one of the ghost tours that take you under the bridges, great fun and they have some history thrown in.

Dynamic Earth (next to holyrood) was brilliant fun, sounds geeky but me and my partner were transformed into children for a few hours, truly relaxing and it's warm!

• 8 years ago

It's a bit colder, but not that much. Pack layers.

You should so visit the Castle and the Camera Obscurer.

• 8 years ago

Head out to Leith , there's the Scottish Parliament . loads of shops on Leith Walk and The Royal Yacht Britannia to look around on the quayside .

There's shopping and a cinema too

• 8 years ago

How can you miss Edinburgh Castle, portbello beach. These two are simply amazing places in Edinburgh.

I have been to this country many time in the past and every time we find something new about this place. Everytime I have stayed in mackay's agency self catering cottages they provide amazing services.

For more details do check: http://www.mackays-self-catering.co.uk/

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

A visit to Britannia ( the retired royal yacht) is quite interesting, also have a ride on an open top bus

• 8 years ago

For some good food, a Restaurant right on the train station, Jimmy Chongs, best Chinese buffet i have ever been to, fantastic value and right in the heart.

Source(s): visited
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.