Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Xanex asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 years ago

Why does my nose bleed alot?

So my nose bleeds everyday about 4 times a day and its been happening all my life, when I'm in school, home, outside, and inside. I don't even go outside much and I don't horseplay so I have no idea why this is happening. My nose just bled 5 minutes ago and now I'm sick of this. I've been imbarresed whenever it happens and after school I always come home with a huge blood stain on my shirt, and when I'm in band, my nose bleeds on my saxophone and I got detention because of this. These stupid nose bleeds are ruining my life. I'm not paranoid and I'm not bluffing, it literally bleeds everyday of my life since I was 5. I'm 14 and its affecting my grades too. There's blood on my homework and progress reports all the time. I've even been accused of murder, its crazy I know! I've been to the nurse about 20 times in 1 year. All the girls think I'm a weirdo and my friends are laughing at me. I can't even eat a bowl of cereal without my blood going on the milk. I repeated 6th grade for too much absences and tardys, I've been tardy and absent a total of 37 times because of nose bleeds in the morning. Please help, I've asked doctors, none helped me. I've googled it, nothing helped. IM SERIOUSLY SCARED

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Perhaps you need citrus bioflavonoids or vitamin K as in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22nose+bleedi...

Infection

Trauma, including self-induced by nose picking, especially in children

Allergic and non-allergic rhinitis

Hypertension (high blood pressure)

Use of blood thinning medications

Alcohol/Drug abuse

Less common causes include tumors and inherited bleeding problems

Hormonal changes during pregnancy may increase the risk of nosebleeds.

stop thinking of naked chicks