Is it legal to ride bicycles 1) on streets with no bike lane? 2) On highways? 3) On freeways?

1) I've seen cyclists on the far right side of city streets even when there's no bike lane, and I've also seen cyclists use the left turn lane as a car would. I've even been that cyclist before. 2) I've seen cyclists on highways taking long interstate tours. 3) So I wonder if bicycles seem... show more 1) I've seen cyclists on the far right side of city streets even when there's no bike lane, and I've also seen cyclists use the left turn lane as a car would. I've even been that cyclist before.

2) I've seen cyclists on highways taking long interstate tours.

3) So I wonder if bicycles seem to be legal on city streets and interstate highways, are they allowed to ride on city freeways in highly developed areas? I've never seen bicycles on city freeways, so I assume they're not allowed. Is this unfair? Bicycling is so much better for the environment & for people's health than automobiles are. Shouldn't there be more acceptance of bicycles and more bicycle-friendly paths made so that cyclists would have the freedom to travel anywhere cars can?