Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 8 years ago

how do wrestlers cut weight?

how do wrestlers cut weight in a couple of hours or days quickly?

Favorite Answer

There are a number of things at work when you are cutting weight and this is usually done through a process that takes place over several days to three weeks unless we are talking about just a pound or so. When I wrestled I found that I could lose that last half to three fourths pound during the day while at school if I did not eat or drink much of anything and then weigh in that evening.

However in fighting you are weighing in the day before so you do have a period after that and before the fight in which you can rehydrate and carb up and replace some of that weight, energy, strength, that you may have lost while cutting weight for the fight. Many fighters that you see fighting on television weigh as much as 7-12 pounds more when they are fighting than what they weighed in at originally.

In cutting weight you are essentially cutting out all the foods containing fats, that also take longer for your body to digest and break down. Calories also to some extent are cut and you eat foods that don't have processed sugars which many of your preprocessed type foods contain along with a lot of salt which makes you retain more water. By cutting these things out of your diet and eating healthier foods in smaller amounts along with increasing your workouts then a couple of things start to happen.

First your metabolism increases and things get digested faster and your body tends to retain less in the way of fats and sugars over time from working out. Secondly, limiting the amount of intake of those foods you literally are burning off as much almost as you are taking in or sometimes even a little more. This all causes your body to run more efficiently while retaining less in the way of things that tend to keep weight on you. Taking this too far or too much for too long is why sometimes fighters are drained at fight time. The strain of it is so much that their body has not had time to adjust and recover come fight time and they cut too much weight too quickly over too short of a time.

The trick to all this is to know and listen to your body and start cutting the weight in gradual amounts over the course of three weeks or so. This is not so much of a strain on your body initially but cumulatively towards the end it starts to add up. "Peaking" you sometimes hear about and that is when a fighter loses the weight like this but yet retains the majority of their strength and stamina and just makes weight the day of weigh in. Sometimes fighters misjudge all this or run into problems cutting the weight as weigh in approaches and then they have to go more into a crisis mode, cutting the weight by more drastic means. Things like working out in a sauna with a sweat suit on for instance, doing several hours on a stationary bike with a sweat suit on are some of the ways they do that. Your body will not always adjust well to this though and sometimes things will start to shut down and that's when fighters "crash". Then they are sometimes going into their fights depleted of energy and stamina.

When I wrestled I always kept my weight within 2-3 pounds of my weight class the entire season and we had daily weigh-ins at school. That way you could lose that last pound or two the day before and day of the match. In fighting its different in that you are losing the weight over a much longer period of time and can allow yourself 15-20 pounds of leeway over your required weight and then take 3-5 weeks to cut down.

1

Source(s): Successful Weight Loss Pills : http://PureGarciniaGet.com/WL/?grT

2

Source(s): Yoga Lessons http://givitry.info/LearnAboutYoga

I think the best way is to exercise and eat healthily over a period of time https://tr.im/KpIGg becasue if you do this you will probably get into the habbit of continuing this lifestyle and you wont just put the weight straight back on afterwards.

Also excercising for a while will help because the longer you excercise for, the faster you will be burning fat because, when you start exercising, carbs are the main fuel source but after about 15mins carb levels have dropped and fats take over as the main fuel source. This is when you can lose weight the quickest. How do wrestlers cut weight

Also someone I know was anorexic for a while and while Im not suggesting you go that far, I think you could do what she did which was that whenever she got hungry, she went for a short run which made her feel full again. How do wrestlers cut weight

Also dont just stop eating- especially breakfast if you stop eating your metabalism stopps and you barely burn any fat at all. Ive heard that if you dont have breakfast, you dont burn fat that morning until you eat something. How do wrestlers cut weight

Hope this helps: )

How To Cut Weight Fast

This years best diet plans can be found at DIETPLANSCIENCE.COM cost free.

Does the word "diet and weight loss" immediately make you think of an unpleasant weight-loss regimen? If it did, you are probably not alone. For example, consider the use of the term "diet" in marketing food products—it usually describes foods low in calories, such as diet soda. But there is another meaning of this word. Diet can also refer to the food and drink a person consumes daily and the mental and physical circumstances connected to eating. The Merriam Webster Online Dictionary gives two definitions of nutrition: "the sum of the processes by which an animal or plant takes in and utilizes food" "the act or process of nourishing or being nourished"

While both are correct, the second definition is more inclusive and suggests that food involves many different things, including love, satisfaction, and enjoyment. Nutrition involves more than simply eating a “good” diet—it is about nourishment on every level. It involves relationships with family, friends, nature (the environment), our bodies, our community, and the world. Choices about nourishment are very much linked to other human beings and other life forms on this planet, so healthy (and unhealthy) decisions have great impact.

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read.

I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off.

It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise.

Get started today!

If you have little fat, you have to eliminate water weight. Carry around an empty 2-liter bottle and spit into it instead of swallowing. Wear heavy and hot clothes while exercising, and piss/crap before the weigh-in. Shave every hair on your body (yes, EVERY hair). Some people use laxatives, but that doesn't work as well as you would think. It can also mess up your intestines pretty bad.

But in short, don't cut weight. It's not worth the loss in strength, and a lot of coaches and schools will disqualify you if they catch you.

Wrestlers like myself have many ways to loose weight fast. The easiest way but unhealthy est is to starve yourself. Secondly to wear heavy gear to sweat it off and to sweat it off for good. I'm currently wrestling 126 which is a good class. I was 132 I decided to cut back because I thought I could. How I lost weight was wearing a hoody during practice and wearing a sauna suit when I slept because of water weight and mines not the best way to Lose weight

There are three main ways to lose weight quickly.

1) Use only water as liquid and eliminate all other liquid drinks from your diet. You must drink as much water as possible every day. You must drink about half of your weight. If you have weight of 200 pounds then you must drink about 100 oz of water.

2) The interval between the eating is very important. If you eat once, then you must eat next after 4 hours. You must take breakfast regularly. In the night eat your food three hours before going to bed.

3) Walking is very good. You must walk as much as you can. Walk everywhere you can. Use of elevators and escalators must be reduced and instead of these you must climb stairs more often.

These are some of the fastest ways to lose weight. By just following the simple steps, you can lose your weight very quickly. You must consult your doctor if want to change your diet or exercise routine.

RE:

how do wrestlers cut weight?