If a nitrogen atom has 7 protons, 7 neutrons, and 7 electrons. If it gains 3 electrons what will its charge be?

Favorite Answer

-3

Now, i understand this as i exploit to think of of it myself however the terrific thank you to understand something would be to quite evaluating it with some thing which you will visualize. enable me clarify, a million. assume you're speaking a pair of excellent atom, I.E, an atom which has equivalent form of Protons and electrons in its orbit then if it occurs to lose an electron then it would clearly have an excellent value in conventional simply by a minimum of one extra proton. it somewhat is in comparison with vaccum and air, enable air be electron and vaccum be proton, if an air became present in a position that inversely skill that air occupied the area of vaccum. Proton isn't something yet postive value created by skill of electrons presence. Electron includes the flexibility it is the main important participant in each and every reaction. 2. Coming on your question, if an atom beneficial factors an electron, then there are 2 situations, the two the atom became in choose of an electron simply by its conventional beneficial value or the orbits of the atom would desire to be close adequate so as that the stable neucleus can carry directly to the electron. So there is not any replace of protons for electrons happening here. the consumer-friendly rule for each atom is to realize a stability by skill of the two procuring or donating electrons. Your 2nd question is spoke back as properly interior the above statements. Its been long considering I even have learnt those issues so if somebody else can proper me the place i'm incorrect then i'm going to be obliged.

-3