Do You Drink Tap Water .....?

I'm just curious ...

I have a refrigerator that gives me great cubed or crushed ice and my tap water really doesn't taste bad. I do drink bottled water but I'm thinking about just refilling my empty bottles with regular tap water to save money.

Thanks and thumbs up to all who answer ... just give me time to get back and read the answers.

Favorite Answer

My tap water here in Hollywood Fl tastes great also, but I wouldn't drink it if I were you. Here's why, your water may taste good because of the added calcium to it. That doesn't make it healthier just tastier. Check with your city to get a report to see what's really in your water. That report should be free.

Concerning bottled water, I wouldn't bet on it either. It is not regulated for anything.

We really need to take the responsibility of our drinking water in our own hands and not just trust city waters. Clean drinking water is too scarce, even in this modern world, but technology can help provide us better drinking. We don't have to settle for less. Bottled water being unregulated isn't necessarily save to drink either. It's just convenient and highly profitable, even Lady Gaga wants to cash in on the bottled water industry record profits with her own brand of bottled water. I think the best way to go is Reverse Osmosis at home with re-mineralization and also making the water alkaline (higher pH). New technology is coming on market that promises to remove 99.99% of contaminants out of the water, while adding minerals like calcium, magnesium to the water, it's called Ultra Water. Source: Health Alkaline

Source(s): http:// www.healthalkaline.com
  • olvey

Do You Drink Tap Water

• Yes, but I prefer bottled water because our tap is well water, and tastes a bit too minerally. A 24 pack of bottled water is only $4, it's not that much. If you've ever had more than 5 or 6 glasses of well water in a day you'd understand.

Bottled Water

It depends on where you live. In a lot of places, tap water isn't drinkable (as in there's health and safety warnings issued by the city/town)!

If you have drinkable tap water, then by all means drink it! I prefer filtered water (through Zero Water). The only time I buy bottled water is when I'm on a road trip or I'm somewhere that I wouldn't drink tap water (ie: Thailand, Taiwan).

• I never drink bottled water and I believe it has been proved that it is over-priced and has no benefits over tap water - its just really a con unless of course you live in a country where the water is undrinkable and could cause you harm. In our so called civilized country there is no need to buy in water and for that we should be thankful.

Source(s): My own research and experience
  • Bailey

Ew! No, where I live, tap water taste HORRIBLE!! So we buy bottled water, and you're right, it can get expensive, we moved about 3 years ago only about..12 miles and the hydrant water quality changed so much. I live in a small suburb if that explains it. I heard water in suburbs usually taste worst...

• Wonkey

Well i like filtered tap water. But id drink tap water more than bottled.

• bet

Most of the bottled water is just plain tap water.

I drink it all the time, but if I go out I take bottled water, I don't like drinking other people's water because it all comes from different places, and I'm not exactly going to say to someone 'Does your water come from Southern? Because, if it doesn't, I'm not drinking your water'. So yeah :P