Seriously, can Mitt Romney STOP this the minute he comes in?

I don't know whether to cry or to simply wish that the world ends for real on Dec. 21, 2012. There is nothing that gets me more upset then things that don't make any sense. How can something like this happen, and how can the IRS just come before us like a two-year old child and say, "I don't... show more I don't know whether to cry or to simply wish that the world ends for real on Dec. 21, 2012.

There is nothing that gets me more upset then things that don't make any sense. How can something like this happen, and how can the IRS just come before us like a two-year old child and say, "I don't know how this happened!"

In case link doesn't open, I copied this paragraph from the left side of the article:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Billions for scammers

 The double-barreled threats of identity theft and tax-refund fraud have become so pervasive in the Internet age that the Treasury Department’s inspector general for tax administration recently spotlighted the crisis.

The IG’s report found that the Internal Revenue Service detected 938,664 tax returns involving ID theft and stopped the issuance of $6.5 billion in fraudulent refunds last year.

But the report also found that the IRS paid out more than $5.2 billion in tax refunds to fraudsters who filed about 1.5 million returns using stolen identities. The report predicted that scammers are likely to swindle $21 billion more from the IRS over the next five years.

The report, released in July, came with a disclaimer: “The amount of undetected tax refund fraud we identified is conservative.”

Among major U.S. cities with the most fraud-related tax filings:

• Tampa (88,724 returns, with refunds of $468 million);

• Miami (74,496 returns, with refunds of $280 million) and

• Atlanta (29,787 returns, with refunds of $77 million), according to the report.

The Miami area’s per capita number of false tax returns based on identity theft was 46 times the national average, and its per capita value of fraudulent refunds was 70 times the U.S. average.

-- JAY WEAVER

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/20/3058313/id-theft-fuels-tsunami-of-tax.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/20/3058313/id-theft-fuels-tsunami-of-tax.html