How safe is London underground?

Hi,Im a 18 year old westerner travelling to London on a weekday to get to Norwich,But i have to take The hammersmith & city line or circle line both Eastbound from London paddington My mother is very concerned by my safety so i was wondering if people who take it every day or any other people from the west... show more Hi,Im a 18 year old westerner travelling to London on a weekday to get to Norwich,But i have to take The hammersmith & city line or circle line both Eastbound from London paddington

My mother is very concerned by my safety so i was wondering if people who take it every day or any other people from the west country that have done the same transit

Is there anything i should know,and what to be wary of,I panic about getting mugged or attacked in the street,Is it safe for me to do so? The transit is also during the hours of half 2 to half 3

So can you help me? :) please and thank you