Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Who are the "disbelievers" in the Qur'an?

"O Prophet! Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be harsh against them, their abode is Hell" 9:73

The Qur'an has hundreds and hundreds of verses like this one, condemning the "disbelievers" to stuff like a "ignominious hell" and a "fiery doom." But who are the disbelievers?

A liberal interpretation- the disbelievers are only atheists who don't accept any kind of deity. Christians, Jews, and Hindus are fine spiritually and won't be sent to hell.

A more fundamentalist interpretation- the disbelievers are anyone who doesn't accept Mohammed as a prophet of God. Anyone who is non-Muslim will burn in hell.

So which is it?

@Keith: I'm not a Muslim. I'm asking a simple question.

Favorite Answer

You do realize that the term hell comes from the Norse right? Hel or Hela was the goddess of the underworld and the realm of the dead. when one died and it was not a glorious death in battle he went to Hel in er abode thus the term going to Hel. religious peoples should read more than just that one book.

There are several things one must believe in to become muslim. These are belief in God, His messengers, His books, His Angels, The last day of Judgement, Fate. If a person disbelieves in any of this stuff, he is classified as disbeliever.

Rejecting hadiths isn't a reliable theory, and additionally following it blindly(be it authenetic or no longer).What i understand is- a million.Quran says that's finished in meaning. 2.Hadiths are for unifying acts of worship,on an familiar basis mannerisms,the regulation and to sparkling misconceptions. 3.Muhammad observed did no longer ordered the hadiths to be written.If it replaced into certainly of super immportance as what traditionalists say, easily he observed does no longer have regarded over it. 4.Written hadiths are no longer a single source of sunnah,however the main appropriate. 5.that's incorrect to declare Quran desires added help for its message(of monotheism), our islamic existence-variety is of distinctive subject remember. 6.study from Quran in case you have doubts study from sunnah.It potential you're in loss of expertise and not the Quran and that we are yearning for that perfectness of an appropriate muslim as our Prophet observed himself.on the tip Of The Day Your Intentions concerns on my own.

It's the second one.

"Do not take the Jews and Christians for friends, for they are friends of each other..."

When Mohammad held a minority belief, he was welcoming to Christians and Jews, but once he became the majority in the Middle East, he was all BUT welcoming to Christians and Jews.

The Quran goes on at some length about Jews and Christians and makes it very plain that they aren't believers.

• OzNana

Anyone who's not a muslim. That's why the rest of us see islam as a violent religion.

• All those who strive to live free in Personal Liberty..... and all the rest of the sane human population

By saying the rosary carefully every day, a person can know for certain God exists and the Catholic Faith is the True Faith.

http://www.sancta.org/rosary/how.html

The fifteen promises of Mary to Christians who recite the rosary:

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against Hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities and will lead them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the saints in Paradise.

9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.

14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only Son, Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

• M

Those who don't believe in Muhammad.

Muhammad = Allah.

Sick!

• Keith

just about everyone who wasn't indoctrinated in it from birth, that book is terrible...and you should feel terrible for believing in such absurd teaching of hate and violence, you primitive barbarian.