How much does it cost to set up a 55 gallon freshwater (Tropical) fish tank?

Just curious... And everything new, bought from a store and not from Craigslist or something. Also NOT including fish... I'd want gravel, a filter, lid I'm really curious and also for a 55 gallon tank, do you need a bunch of equipment to filter it all? My Aunt has a 55g fish tank and below it, she... show more Just curious... And everything new, bought from a store and not from Craigslist or something.
Also NOT including fish...

I'd want gravel, a filter, lid

I'm really curious and also for a 55 gallon tank, do you need a bunch of equipment to filter it all? My Aunt has a 55g fish tank and below it, she has a bunch of cords and a giant thing that looks like... I don't know, a big motor looking thing, are those needed?

Another thing: where are good places to look for a 55 gallon fish tank in great condition and includes most everything you need? (Besides Craigslist)