I accidentally hit someone's dog the other day. In feel really bad but do I have to pay the vet bill?

I was on my way to school and I came to a three way intersection with a stop sign. I stopped and and looked to the left down the street and didn't see anything so I proceeded. I heard a thud on my side of the car and immediately stopped. I opened up the door and there was a woman with her dog. She yelled that I... show more I was on my way to school and I came to a three way intersection with a stop sign. I stopped and and looked to the left down the street and didn't see anything so I proceeded. I heard a thud on my side of the car and immediately stopped. I opened up the door and there was a woman with her dog. She yelled that I just hit it. I felt really bad and asked if it was ok. It looked completely fine still walking around. She kept saying she didn't know if it was going to be alright. She asked for my name and number so I gave it to her. Five days later I got a call. I wasn't able to answer so she left a message. She was extremely rude to me and apologized in her message but she said its getting better. She took it to the vet and said call me back so we can talk about paying the bill. Do I really have to pay it? There wasn't a crosswalk and I didn't see anything. I stopped and made sure everything was ok but I think she wants me to pay the bill.