How can I get my current lender to refinance?

My mortgage is current and always has been. Paying 6.75%. I am currently going to school and will not be working again till January. Obviously I can't refi with anyone else. I took my current mortgage into bankruptcy several years ago and did not reaffirm. I have established good credit since. Wouldn't... show more My mortgage is current and always has been. Paying 6.75%. I am currently going to school and will not be working again till January. Obviously I can't refi with anyone else. I took my current mortgage into bankruptcy several years ago and did not reaffirm. I have established good credit since. Wouldn't it be worth it to the mortgage company to put me "on he hook" again for a lower rate?
Update: "screwed them"? The bankruptcy had no effect on them at all. They currently have no recourse should I not pay, however, and I would think they would want that
Update 2: Never late on a payment. All debts must be disclosed in a bankruptcy proceeding. They haven't lost a dime. They can not collect any future loss should something happen requiring foreclosure, that is where they currently lack recourse.
3 answers 3