My nose piercing is sinking into my nostril?

I got my nose pierced 2 days ago and I woke up this morning and saw that it was sinking into my nostril a bit. I've been cleaning it 3 times a day with antibacterial soap and putting sea salt and water on it also, as instructed. I got the piercing done at a very clean tattoo and body piercing shop. The tools were sterile because he took them out of the sterilization pouches. He used a needle, not a gun. I have a nostril screw in and everything with a small diamond on top. I went in today and they said that it's just a bit swollen and to keep pushing up on it from the inside. Will my piercing be okay? As soon as I can change it, I will be changing it to a small hoop.

Favorite Answer

It's trying ti heal, it's fresh and swollen leave it alone

3 times a day for cleaning a piercing does in fact dry it out

Drying of piercings can be really hard on it and delay your healing process, obviously. Which you do not want.

You did go to a professional place from the description and you did a good thing cause guns aren't good compared to needles.

Here's my advice and knowladge:

Dont use the anti bac soap, it's no good and it dries it out! That's not a good thing for any piercing!

Clean it in the morning and before bed, having a good time between everything, only with sea salt soak.

Put some on the piercing, and than rub a q-tip soaked in it around It on the inside and outside to clean it, and get rid of the crusties from dried blood or anything.

Don't turn it, a piercing should always move when it's ready and it usually will just happen when you are cleaning it, don't force it to turn if it doesn't! Turning causes scar tissue :) and delays the healing! Which you always want to be fast!!

When you push it make sure you wash your hands and turn the tap off with a towel or paper towel or leave it on than touch your nose to make sure your finger is as clean as possible.

Domt over clean it, and try to let it heal, push it out when you need too but it's not going to stick out far thy are supposed to settle into your skin/nose!

Source(s): Have nose piercing Many other piercings (:

Oh yeah,it's completely fine,just a little swollen like they said. Mine did the same thing for about a week,then after it started getting better. Just keep cleaning your nose the way you are,except dont clean it 3 times with sea salt,it'll dry out the piercing (bad experience lol) so switch it to 2 times a day with the sea salt. Hope I helped and make sure you wait 3 months before you change it (:

Source(s): 12 piercings,1 of which is a nose stud
  • Anisya

Your piercing will be fine, just keep up your cleaning.

Elevating your head while you sleep and taking some ibuprofen will help with the swelling.

Good lukc :)