Sikhs: A few questions regarding becoming Amritdhari...?

Background: I am a Gori Sikh convert. I have been going to the Gurdwara here every week for awhile now, have become a part of the sangat and love where my life is now! I try to at least read Japji Sahib every day, am no longer cutting any kesh, and wear a kara. I am planning on a trip to Amritsar in the next year... show more Background: I am a Gori Sikh convert. I have been going to the Gurdwara here every week for awhile now, have become a part of the sangat and love where my life is now! I try to at least read Japji Sahib every day, am no longer cutting any kesh, and wear a kara. I am planning on a trip to Amritsar in the next year or so and would love to possibly do Amrit at the Golden Temple (if its possible). I already have been given as gifts, a kanga, a kirpan, gatra, and even kachera and of course the kara I already wear.

My questions are:

1. What are the rules on makeup after becoming Amritdhari? I found references to 'mehendi' and people have extrapolated that on their own to mean all forms of makeup... but is it specifically forbidden to wear a bit of lip gloss and eye makeup once in awhile?

2. Jewelry?? I know 'pierced' earrings are not allowed (it was explained to me the reason was that slaves at the time had piercings) But what about a necklace or a ring etc? I have some family heirlooms that mean a lot to me, and would like to still wear them.

3. Head covering... for a man a turban is necessary in the Rehat Maryada... but 'optional' for a woman. Does my hair still need to be covered at all times though (in public etc)? I find a chunni to be VERY tricky even while at the Gurdwra as I am incessantly having to readjust it from falling off my head. I can't imagine having to deal with every day life and having to manage a chunni at all times. For that reason, if head needs to be covered 24/7 then I plan to wear a dastar... if I can learn to tie one! Like the round style most women who wear them tie. Trouble is, 99% of women don't wear them! At the Gurdwara I go to... only 1 or 2 women wear a dastar and the rest just chunni. There are a hand full of Anritdhari women there too.... they just seem to manage with a chunni. But they are all older and Punjabi. The few that tie dastars are younger like me. But me being in a serious minority being a white convert.... how would people take it if I started to wear a dastar??? Would I be seen as 'silly' or something? Or would people see that I am serious about my adopted religion? I should mention I already wear punjabi suits to the Gurdwara and nobody says anything (except for compliments) and we have a white male Sikh who is Amritdhari and wears a turban, and he is very prominent in Canadian politics and well known. Nobody says anything about him (or another white guy there) who wear turbans. SO what if I do as a female white convert??? What do you think the reaction would be?

My reasons for wanting to wear a turban are: It is supposed to be all Sikhs to wear a turban is it not? (as described in the SGGSJ) it doesn't specify 'only male Sikhs' Also, without one, since I am not Punjabi, people would never know I am Sikh unless I tell them, most would never know what a kara is and think I am just wearing a bracelet. But if I wear a turban, it would be an outward statement to everyone that I am proud to be a Sikh.
Update: Jagjit S: Sat Sri Akal Uncle Ji... I am already 100% vegetarian ( except dairy / eggs), and I do not take any intoxicants at all. I stopped cutting any kesh months ago, and I bow only to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. As for the required banis, I have on my iPhone pre-recorded all of the daily nitnem: Japji Sahib,... show more Jagjit S: Sat Sri Akal Uncle Ji... I am already 100% vegetarian ( except dairy / eggs), and I do not take any intoxicants at all. I stopped cutting any kesh months ago, and I bow only to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. As for the required banis, I have on my iPhone pre-recorded all of the daily nitnem: Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Parsad Savaiye, Chaupai Sahib, Anand Sahib, Rehras Sahib, and Kirtan Sohila. I wonder though is listening to them ok instead of reciting them since I can not read / speak Punjabi? (I am trying to learn though) I don't always have time to listen to all of them (due to my career) but I at the very least try to listen to Japji Sahib every day (I have to start somewhere right?) What about tying a keski/dastar? I have nobody to teach me! And will it be seen as odd since I am a Gori? And I will let you know when I go to Amritsar! I would be honoured to meet you! It may not be for a couple years though since I have to save up.