Rules and regulations about baking cookies in America?

Hi, What rules and regulations are there about baking cookies in America. I am in Seattle-King county.

I would like to make special cookies from home and sell them on the internet. Do i need a permit?

Any help would be helpful. thank you

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Check these links out.

=============================

How to Sell Homemade Baked Goods Online

http://www.ehow.com/how_5636070_sell-homemade-bake...

Cottage Food Laws: Bake and Sell from Home

By Jane Long on Jun 8th, 2012 | Livin' the Dream, Work

http://www.moneysideoflife.com/cottage-food-law/

The state of Washington Dept. of Agriculture

http://agr.wa.gov/FoodAnimal/CottageFoodOperation/

Source(s): LB
  • 8 years ago

If you actually wish to start a legal "food" business in the USA you will need a business license and certification from the Board of Health. Most US States will also require the Board of Health to periodically inspect the cooking facility and most home kitchens will not pass inspection. You will also need liability insurance, in case the cookies make someone ill. However, you could probably start some type of blog and take orders for the cookies and barring anyone getting sick, you probably won't get caught. You'd be far safer trying to sell the cookies through a market or restaurant or food shop or even to your neighbors than doing it on line.

• RoyS
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

You need to ask the food licensing authorities in your area. Contact your local Board of Health for information. Most jurisdictions require that food being sold to the public must be prepared in a BoH inspected and certified kitchen, not in a regular home kitchen.

• norden
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

hmmmm..... likely the united states of a, because, apart from england, they have the most gamers of their squad that i have heard of (howard, beasley, edu and altidore- i comprehend.... get me lol), i might want to've supported france (no longer somewhat as a lot as a scotsman in a kilt yet frenchman are incredibly fit) yet they couldnt save their fingers to themselves (i develop into really rooting for the rep of eire after scotland were out grr it is been a nasty campaign) so it is us of a or italy like very last year or brazil like the time previously that yet particularly..... A.B.E and that i will experience free lol =D bonus q- levein has inspired me more beneficial than i concept he might want to, he's primary with the right team, has given gamers a sparkling start up (we'd like boyd and so on contained in the section and are too skinny and bare with out him), he were given the win antagonistic to the czech rep and has been a lot extra promising than burley. with the addition of promising children (thomson-hearts, wilson- rangers, cairney- hull, and so on) coming by the ranks, showing high quality and improving older gamers contained in the frenzy for places, we may be able to in user-friendly terms strengthen on what has been a gloomy few years for the section and with any success qualify for euro and previous.... ahh now i'm dreamin =)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.