If girl has given me a nickname is it a good thing?

I hope this isn't too much to read, but I want to make it detailed, so you can provide as much detail as possible. Too often when I answer questions on here there is a lack of detail so I can't answer effectively. I like to help other people with their dating problems on here, so I know there are certain signs to look out for and a nickname may not mean much so I'll describe some other oddities because I feel as if I am getting mixed signals so I'd like other people's opinions. I've only known this person for a little over a month so I'm not sure if they are in a relationship. However, many of the signs they like me are there, and I know because over the years I've researched them. The trouble is I don't feel confident that everything has fallen into place even if I am paying close attention.

The nickname:

I'm not exactly sure if it's a "pet name" or a nickname but it's just an extension of my actual name. As you may have guessed my name is Ryan but it seems that when this person wants to get my attention I get called "Ryanne" (since my name can't really be shortened), not in a nasty way obviously, in a joking sort of way, and the other girl, who I knew beforehand, that I also sit next to has also started saying it. I can't seem to find much on nicknames so I go into this assuming it's positive.

As with anyone, I'm trying to be as gentlemanly as possible, like giving up my umbrella and offering to hold things, and I do also like to take note of what a girl is wearing, like how I always notice when she changes her nail colour. She made them purple for me last week which was nice.

Some signs of flirting:

1. Playing with my hair. She likes to try and pull out my gray hairs. I can't actually see any myself, though other people have noticed and I'm only 20. My hairdresser agrees I have a few grey ones.

2. I noticed she also likes to touch my shoulders, sometimes my arm too, and occasionally pokes me with a pen when I look as if I'm sleeping. Really, I'm just resting my eyes. I don't like to call it trying to fall asleep.

3. She brought me a croissant one day which was nice, but she won't allow me to pay her back which I think it pretty silly. I was fumbling for my money at the time and by the time I found it was too late.

4. What I don't understand is how I can be the funniest person she knows if we haven't known each other for that long. It's gotten to the point where she asks me to stop making her laugh. I'll admit I don't lots of stupid things like bashing my head on walls, bumping to doors, and when we went shopping I apparently went into the ladies changing rooms (but there were no signs).

5. It almost felt like they were playing "dress up" with me in the shop.

5. She has smiles at me quite a few times which is also good.

Would you say there is anything else to look out for? I know orientation of feet, breathing and the way a person speaks are other signs but is there anything I haven't thought of? I must mention we have made no effort to talk talk to anyone else in the class

Favorite Answer

"1. Playing with my hair. She likes to try and pull out my gray hairs. I can't actually see any myself, though other people have noticed and I'm only 20. My hairdresser agrees I have a few grey ones.

2. I noticed she also likes to touch my shoulders, sometimes my arm too,

"

You could have skipped the rest of the question and only posted that much information. The way she is grooming you and touching you...

Both convey the message that she wants to be touched by you.

There are many signals one can look for in trying to determine if a girl "likes" a boy or not. But the touching you describe is classic...

There is only one interpretation, also. She wants to be your girlfriend. It's that simple. And no, I'm not guessing. She has already told you she wants to be your girlfriend. Not with words, but with actions...

Nevermind the nickname, from the (very lol) extensive information you have provided here, I am certain she must like you to behave the way you've described.

Hahaha, i used to as a child. Now if i've a overwhelm i simply inform my peers approximately it after we're on my own. If i am with my peers in the course of the day, it is at tuition, and it is bizarre whilst the instructor calls me out for yelling "Hey, apple is cooking(crushing) for pear". Definitely no longer the concentration i wish, haha. So i used to, however now i wait. My cousin calls her overwhelm "ebook" regardless that. She as soon as instructed me that "Book used to be learning within the library, and he used to be so adorable." It cracked me up.

I think it's a good thing, I nickname guy I like haha