Will we ever be together?

I'll try to shorten the story because it took place in three years. I basically fell in love with a man at the start of university and he asked me out, sadly I found out he was seeing someone else and I stopped talking to him.

I gradually found out about his taste in music and I realized we had a moment together, I had a crush on him and I decided it was a mistake to let him go. We eventually dated again the next year, four months after his break-up but he decided he didn't want a relationship. He went to Indonesia and I was devastated for a few months, he was everything I had ever wanted.

He contacted me in October and from now we've had an on/off thing for two years. Sometimes we don't talk for months or we act as a couple. This summer we moved to different towns and he decided he didn't want a relationship. I didn't want one either but I wanted to see him, I wanted at least to keep in touch but he made little effort for the passed two months.

Recently I found out that the ex who caused him so much trouble, the one who contacted him when we started dating, the one he "loved" is single again and they are "friends" on facebook after two years. He is never online anymore and I can't stop thinking about this girl and their troubled, short relationship. He will be going to Thailand this year and I will too although it had nothing to do with him. I have feelings for him and I don't want him to be with this ex? Should I call him? Should I let go? Should I wait and maybe try to see him in Thailand after a break of several months?

We've never consumed our relationship although we were really attracted to each-other, I was always scared I might become his friend with benefits.

I LOVE him and I've never loved another

• ?
    Favorite Answer

If you've had a thing this long but still arent together, why would things be any different this time? Let it go.

• Sahara

If he wanted to be with you he would have told you that he didn't want a relationship.

It wont be what you want to hear but you have to move on and stop pining for this man, or it will start to get in the way of you meeting someone new.

Good luck.