Nausea and pain after surgery?

I had surgery yesterday were they put a metal plate thing on my forearm and right after I woke up in the recovery room I felt pain I told them and they gave me something to relieve the pain but I still felt pain they then discharged me with pain pills to take every 4 Hours and since I got out Of the hospital everytime I eat something I vomit 30 mins later and I still feel pain on my forearm is this normal or should I go back

• Susie
    Favorite Answer

It's very normal. The anesthetic makes most people vomit the next day. Pain is normal too. They cut your arm open, worked on it and stitched it up again. It will hurt for awhile.

• David

if you have pain meds; be sure to manage them as recommended. almost any surgery is considered invasive. this means things are cut, patched, etc. this creates a pain response. the pain should gradually disappear over several weeks. i had abdominal surgery. i was on a lot of pain meds for a couple of weeks. if i didn,t manage my dosages, i got really sore.

Hospitals and clinical experts do not believe in agony, it makes the problem worst..take her to the doctor...do you provide her foods previous than taking this treatment, possibly its acid...i had to take pepcid ac, for prevention of vomiting and lining of stomach