Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

Poll: Do you agree with "women and children first" policies?

why or why not?

If so, then what about gender equality?

• CSE
    Favorite Answer

Quite honestly if there was a situation where only some would make it out, I'd be like George Costanza and I'd be throwing people out of my way.

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueh_1PeJhaQ

Youtube thumbnail

But if my life wasn't at risk and I was choosing who to save, I'd probably save women and children first even though I don't necessarily agree with it. Protecting women first has been drilled into boys their entire lives, reinforced by movies, games, books, etc.

• Evo

At this point, in nearly any disaster that strikes, (without the whole world blowing up) the human race would survive. So, it really doesn't matter whether women, men or children go first... you could all end up dead but somewhere there's still some people alive.

• Yep, that's what makes men so irresistible and irreplaceable : their selfless protective nature. Gender equality refers only to equal rights, as for the rest, I'm still for traditional gender roles: men are born to protect women and children as women are born to take care of men and children.

I think women deserve equal respect and all, but I don't think it's fair that they get 4 times the respect men get. Why do they take so much control? I don't care how many thumbs down I get but they are no better than us.

No. It's sexist and unfair to men.

Everyone for themselves is more like it.