hungry at night but food might be the source of my insomnia?

Should I just man up and go to be hungry or do I have any food options. I love to eat at night.

I am 20 pounds over weight which isnt that bad for 50

I eat salads with chicken twice a day but here is the problem. When the evening rolls around I crave a bowl of cereal. Also I was a chronic marijuana smoker for most of my life. I have replaced that habit with sugary nonfat candy.

Didn't come here for my weight problem, I want to know what I can eat late that wont affect my sleep.

Favorite Answer

eat something healthy that is also filling....late night eating can cause weight gain.

Source(s): experience

Go get blood work done at a free health clinic or something. It couldn't hurt. I also have had what felt like insomnia at one point. My work schedule had me working 8 am on some days and 6 pm to early hours of the morning on others. It really screwed with me. I had no appetite and I was always grumpy. Insomnia can cause depression. Then again it seems anything can nowadays. But blood work would be a start. You can test for a 100 different things with one stick.... Just in case it's not just psychological.

Hungry at night but food might be the source of my insomnia?

Any thing you eat "late at night" will affect your sleep . . Food takes anything from half an hour to 6 hours to digest. Try having your last meal no later than 6 pm, and make this a light meal, without sugar.

A learned habit. Very unhealthy to eat (or drink) just before bedtime. Make sure your diner is sufficient (in vitamins, minerals et al..) and filling. A 8 o'clock snack (smallish) and that is it for the night. Feeding a hole in the soul, through your mouth..... only makes you obese.

Peace.

R u fat? I mean really, find out how much ur sposednto to weigh for yiur height and do something about it Yes food, especially things with caffeine p, like chocolate coffee even weak tea, or ce tea, or pop, unless it's sprite ir 7 up, all have caffeine in it.

Brownies, chocolate icecream, got to go. Plus as u get older caffeine gets to u even more.