Do you think AT&T would wave my early upgrade fee if I told them I were going to cancel and go to Verizon?

Right now I have a Blackberry on AT&T and am eligible for an upgrade in March, but I really want a new phone now. But if I were to get a new phone now I would have to pay a $350.00 early upgrade fee plus the price of the phone. But if I canceled their service I would only have to pay $175.00 plus the price of the Verizon phone. So I could save $175.00 if I were to switch to Verizon. If I were to point this out do you think they would wave the fee?

Favorite Answer

Depends on the sales person. You can tell them the proposition and seek if they're willing to make their commission or lose your business entirely.

• Ian

I live in the UK so i don't know much about your carriers but i got my carrier Vodafone in the UK to do a similar thing for me.

They were more concerned about losing my business so they waved three months line rental and let me upgrade early BUT i must say i had been a customer for 10 years and never missed a bill payment so they did it as a sort of loyalty thing. Good luck

Very unlikely. Might even penalize you for going to the compitition. As an astute businessman, I would - penalize you heavily.

Peace.

Source(s): Retired Accountant.