I feel guilty about cheating on my husband?

I cheated on my husband and it ended a month ago.He found out and confronted me on it. I feel so guilty that i cant have any sexual contact with my husband. What can i do?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

at least you feel guilty. if i were you id be so contrite that id be doing whatever he wanted for the rest of my marriage. but on the other hand, cheating is not something i would ever do. so sorry i dont feel sorry for you.

• Bee

You could try counseling. How is he doing with it? Would you have told him if he hadn't found out on his own? Are you truly sorry for hurting him, or sorry he found out? Do you love him? Why did you cheat? What's missing with him? How has this changed your relationship? Did any part of you want out of your marriage? Obviously, I'm not wanting you to tell me all the answers to these questions, but they would be good things for you to think about to help sort this out. You need to fully understand your own feelings and you need to do everything possible to fully understand your husband's feelings. I encourage you to come up with more questions to ask both yourself and him. Also, give him the chance to vent and to say whatever he wants to say. Men have a reputation for keeping their feelings hidden, so try to encourage him not to do this. The 2 of you may even decide that a break would help. Cheating is a real stain on a relationship, so sometimes allowing that chapter to die completely, then maybe trying again later is the best option. A few months apart can sometimes revive a relationship that had begun down the wrong path.

Source(s): I've never cheated, but I've been cheated on. You have my best wishes.

Guilt is a normal emotion after committing an act of betrayal, especially to someone whom you've made a vow to. I would like to suggest marriage counseling. If you two need help in learning how to get past it and moving on that would be your best bet, now if you are considering a separation or divorce, you owe it to him to be honest and straight forward.

Source(s): Myself. Married, 2 children and I've also been unfaithful a time or two.

A wife who sleeps around is the worst for any man, you may want to think about starting over somewhere else whoever the guy was he has most assuredly told everyone he knows so don't go there

I thinks cheaters don't deserve a second chance.

If I were him id dump you.

I'm sorry but seriously why get married if your just going to cheat??? You need to talk to him, he's the only one that can decide.

I feel bad for him, not for anything but you're supposed to feel guilty!! Its Cheating! You can be sorry for him & mean it & show it and explain to him why you did it....

you should feel guilty but it is fixable talk to him admit you did it and if he forgives you then you might stop feeling guilty if u dont dtop feeling guilty then im sure you can find some way to make it up to him

Shaun id love to talk to you. Email me. Dont beat yourself. Pray and forgive yourself. And people, dont leave childish answers like is it on cheaters. See my question and please amswer. Titled. Help Married women...... Its in the marriage section

Is it going to be on Cheaters? I'd love to watch the confrontation.

Hope he dumps your lose old vag for a nice young pretty lady.