have you ever had an online friend who died?

This has never happened to me, but I am curious about your answers. Have you ever been really close to a online friend, who you one day found out that they had passed away? How did you go about it?

The reason I'm asking is because, I have a roleplay account on Facebook, and I have this friend I'm really close too. We've known each other for almost a year, and we even added each other on our real life accounts. For some reason, I keep thinking that something may happen to him. I know that if I found out that he died, I would definitely be sad and maybe even depressed about it. I hate that I keep thinking about this...but of course one day, its gonna happen to one of us.

If your online friend died, would you delete your account? (Your roleplay account I mean) or would you keep it, because that's probably what the friend would want anyway? I've told him that if something were to happen to him, I would delete my account, and he said the same thing about me. But now that I'm thinking about, maybe I should keep it as a way to remember him if something were to happen

What would you do if you were me? Have you ever had an online friend who died? What did you do when you found out??

Favorite Answer

I had some networking sites (kinda like facebook) that I used only with one other person, who I knew in real life. When that person died tragically I kept the account, because deleting it would feel like killing off a small part that person. If he died you wouldn't sit at your computer all day staring at a picture of him if you kept it, you might log in here and there but its no big deal, the big deal would be deleting it.

• Shay

I did have an online friend who died. I found out about it because I was also friends with her sister online. I kept her (my deceased friend) account in my friend's list for a long time. Eventually, I did delete the account because it was so sad to see it every day with no change and no activity and I felt it was time for me to move on.

• rowlfe

I had a Lady Friend, in Australia. We corresponded for years, about 6 give or take. I live in a forested area 25 miles west of Seattle. She lived in a suburb of Sydney. I found out later through a mutual friend, that she had breast cancer and she died suddenly. She never told me anything. One day she was there via email and the next day, her friend was telling me she was gone... I still have the Australian ISP account I got through her... though I don't actually use it as such since she died. But, I DO keep it... nostalgia perhaps... This Lady was the BEST of friends in my book...

• roca

i replaced into caught badly in an unavoidable duty and duty replaced into finished and meanwhile gadget additionally bothered for some days... for this reason ought to not attend u expensive youthful gal.. I had formed a view on timid and stupid vulnerable minds approximately their lack of ability and failure to deal with until now attempting such heinous act of committing suicide. that is fairly shameful act and undesirable to be conscious such issues. on each occasion such disturbances happen to U do flash a message at as quickly as and that i would be on UR area resolving such... Plz. do not attempt or think of such nasty issues..... basugaadu..

No, I have no that friend who didn't dead.