nissan silvia s15 spec s pretty good car for first time drivers and for drifting?*read details!!!?

this is gonna be my first car,

my plan is,buy an spec s..practice my driving for about a year or a year and a half

then learn drifitng...would this be a good first car and drift car with some mods??

plan on swapping it for a better car after 3 or 4years,spec r?180sx?something like that

i have alternative option for spec s..nissan s14 Q's,toyota altezza rs200

or should i go either with spec r or 180sx already?

rate spec s from 1-10

need advice

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

First thing first the only way you can get an underpowered car to slide sideways is to drive it on a wet parking lot. S-15 might not even have enough power to spin the tires. S-15 with automatic trans has even less power. A modified S-15 for drifting will have about 200+ horsepower at the wheels and high reving the KA-24 will eventually cause engine failure. A Ford Mustang Chevy Camaro something newer with a wide selection of Performance parts might be easier to drift and drive everyday. A really good choice is the new Scion / Subaru rear wheel drive sport coupe.Drifting costs a lot of money because tires are not cheap having a car sponsorship for tires and performance parts is a good thing. Save up your money Good Luck

Source(s): JP
  • 8 years ago

Well i see your going for the RHD type cars (right hand drive) and for starters that car is a little powerful but if you got the touch you can do it but i would reccomend a nissan 140sx and swap it for the SR20DET engine then move up to the silvia. Thats what im doing right now haha

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.