How to make a move with the guy I like?

So I've had a crush on this guy since last year but we didn't get to know each other until we came back to college this year through mutual friends. A couple months ago my friend was really drunk and told him I liked him and he told her he thought I was cute and looked like Taylor Swift. Since then I have been trying to establish a friendship with him and it's worked I just don't see him terribly often and when I do he seems nervous. People tell me he checks me out all the time and he's always so nice to me and gives me hugs and comes to visit my friends when he knows I'm there. I really like him but we are both shy. The other day we were taking a group picture and I was on his back and he seemed so nervous! And whenever I walk into a room our eyes always lock and it makes me so jittery! I haven't felt this way about someone in so long and it makes me so nervy and wound up and I don't know what to do to take it to the next level. Should I ask him to hang out? Is it even worth pursuing since he hasn't asked me to hang out or anything? Thanks for your help!

don't make thing too late, just think of after 5 years. What will happen if you'll with him or without him. If you really like him then start talking frankly. keep a.step forward and rest step he'll take.