Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 8 years ago

Does your GPA lower in college?

I am doubtful about something. I'm currently in middle school and doing good. But I was wondering, if you have a gpa of 4.0 in high school and then go to college, will it lower? I'm not sure because I never hear about people getting a gpa of 4.0 in college. If you work as equally as diligent from high school throughout college, will you get the same results of a gpa, or will it lower because college is just a lot harder? Thanks so much for reading! Every answer is truly appreciated. :)

Favorite Answer

If you continue to be a hard worker it is unlikely your GPA in college will be lower. While the classes are more challenging, I think the main difficulties in maintaining your GPA lie with the lack of structure - no one telling you when to do homework or study etc - and with the tons of distractions. There are a lot of fun things to do in college!

But, your freshman classes really aren't that hard - they get harder as you go higher up in levels, so you should be ok.

But, I know it's possible to keep a 4.0, because I'm a junior in college and I have a 4.0! Don't worry so much and try to have some fun!

Um, what grade are you in? Because as a highschooler myself, i think you'd know more. A 4.0 means you have all A's so far in highschool, either for the semester, quarter, or cumulative grade. 4.0 in college means the same thing, except its a lot harder to get all A's and full 100% on your grades. It's possible, but not likely.

• mcdbb

Depends. As they say, past performance is no indicator of future performance. Top high school students can struggle in college, or they may excel. I was a bit of the reverse. Mostly As and Bs in high school, Bs and Cs in college, GPA of 3.94 in graduate school.

college is MUCH harder than high school still easy though , at masters level it starts to get harder, a 4 at an average high school will be 2.7 - 3 at a regular college 2.5 -2.8 at a top school