Bommah
Bommah asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 8 years ago

Mac: Skype crashes before opening, no error message?

So I have a Macbook, it is running OSX 10.7.2 with a 2.4GHz processor and has 4GB of RAM. Starting this morning I cannot open Skype. Whenever I click on the icon, it bounces in the dock, which would indicate it's opening, but then it just disappears and I don't get any error message or anything. I've tried restarting several times but then Skype stays open for literally about ten seconds before crashing, again with no error message.

Please can someone help me!

Favorite Answer

Unistall and reinstall Skype. There is probably a file corruption somewhere. To be clean about it, it's probably best to unistnall and reinstall the entire app.

Go to Skypes How To Do this here:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12073/how-can-i...

~ Cat ~

close down all your pointless tactics, eg. something your no longer in the present day making use of. installation utility takes up a goodly quantity of your pcs materials so that's terrific to offer the installer loose reign on an identical time because it does that's activity

Do a system restore.