haley asked in SportsHockey · 8 years ago

Is a slap shot in hockey now a days a penalty?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on the level of play. In any higher end hockey be it pro or jrs or travel it is legal and part of the game. In many house leagues or beer leagues it is a penalty, in some house leagues they do suspend once you get called for a certain amount of "shooting" penalties. I play over 50 hockey (as in all players are 50 years old or older) and slapshots are a penalty.

• 8 years ago

As many players of beer league and old timer's hockey have said the rule is often imposed in fun leagues to reduce chance of injury.

I even played with one group where liftees were penalized. That is until the goalies complained.

• 8 years ago

Damn , makes me remember back in school when they'd tell us we couldn't windup past the knees. It was boring hockey. Fortunately by 3:30pm school was over and we could play real hockey.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

it is in Pond Hockey... definatley not in the pro leagues or major juniors or most of minor hockey.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

no why would you think, that in pond hockey mabye and in ball hockey leagues but not in organized hockey leagues

• 8 years ago

NO what are you talking about no way Zdeno Chara has the hardest slap shot in the NHL he always gets goals they don't call a penalty.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

no. if you play in squirts or lower in the usa you can be penalized but at that age not many can take a decent slap shot anyway

• 8 years ago

No.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

...no...just no...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.