What is the difference between someone taking your gun away and someone taking your medicine away?

Update:

halfstone, people ARE having their medicines taken away forcibly by people who have not only guns but the power to shoot you with them.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

Nobody has ever had a serious health issues because the firearm was taken away. Convicted felons can not own guns and they are not dying off any faster than anyone else.

• 8 years ago

Is the right of self preservation only limited to certain segments of society? There were more deaths due to overdosing medications than there were as a result of owning a gun.

• Steve
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

People are losing Medicines due Obama care as well. You'll take my gun from my cold,dead hand

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

You can't shoot the person taking your medicine if they took your gun away.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Obama hasn't done either and Romney has/will lol

I especially love the NRA commercials about Obama taking away your guns when he never suggested or supported any bill, but ROMNEY HAS.

PLUS Romney will take away a healthcare program that he designed

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Depends on the situation. My answer is a general and not specific answer.

You can live without your gun but you can't live without your medicine?

• 8 years ago

The constitution protects your guns but as far as it's concerned you can be denied medicine.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Not really the same thing.

No one is "taking medicine away" in the same sense that gun control is making guns illegal.

Not providing something for free and legislating against it are two separate issues.

• 8 years ago

One can get you killed quickly, and the other can get you killed slowly. The end result is still the same.

This is one of those "swapping deck chairs on the Titanic" election years.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

You can live without the gun.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.