Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 8 years ago

Is there any great and creative ideas for homecoming hall decorating ideas!!! Hurry!! PLZ HELP!!! WE NEED IT!!?

I am a freshman in high school right now and most upperclassmen know we never win anything, especially homecoming hallway decorating contests. But this year we want a change. So please I need help with ideas. Our theme this year is Blast to the past and our decade is the 50's.. Please help, I will appreciate it!! We already have heard of making 3d cars and hanging balloons, records, and streamers, along with juke box and diner ideas. We want something creative, new and fresh!! sorry for the confusion and i know this will be hard!! it has to be done by tomorrow too!! Thanks (:

Favorite Answer

baby, don't rush or be panicked. 50's is composed of sort of crazy and music and diner thingy. Retro Fusion it is. okay here's what you need:

1. Lights, lights, lights!

= you need lights of yellow, orange and and some violet to occupy the jukebox craze in the 50's. if you see, jukeboxes have lines that glow/light, buy some of that on gift shops and bargain sales, they have a lot of stick lights there. NOTE: never use christmas lights

2. Music Gimmick

= you know some music or records or singers back in 50's? use their pictures or memorabilias or (fake) guitars. buy a reusable big CD and paint it platinum or gold. don't ever forget jukeboxes

3. Color's Honor

= here are some 50's palettes you can use as a guide:

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/f...

4.50's Party People

= How can you say you're in 50's if there are no parties? make it 2-in-1. how about parties in a diner, eh? buy or make some old diner names that are posted on big striped tarpaulins or sign boards then make or recycle some old glass/windows and stick some fake human-sized party-goers.

5. Paper Pattern

= It is important that your patterns are more or less BOLD. like stripes, stars, checkers and polka dots. this includes all the patterns, fabrics or sign boards you are going to use. NOTE: NEVER go overboard. it's good to have bold patterns but also add plain

6. Furniture Future

= vinyl chairs, light-colored woods and plastic furniture is way awesome in 50's. laminated plywoods with lines and chrome-legged tables and chairs are also neat in 50's.

if I were you, I'd go and follow this thing:

pattern: stripes and polkas

color: red , white, blue, black

design: Scandivanian style

furniture: plastic or steel with chrome-legged tables and chairs

there, hope it helped you! good luck

Source(s): I want to be an interior designer someday

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am a freshman in high school right now and most upperclassmen know we never win anything, especially homecoming hallway decorating contests. But this year we want a change. So please I need help with ideas. Our theme this year is Blast to the past and our decade is the 50's.. Please help, I...

Source(s): great creative ideas homecoming hall decorating ideas hurry plz it: https://shortly.im/FDV5F

You can put cds on the walls and music notes and famouse pop stars and shtuff like that... hope that help. :)