?
Lv 6
? asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

Which is better ( baked cheesecake recipe)?

Hi. I've found a very good recipe for baked cheese cake on the net.

as for filling part, it says " half and half or heavy cream".

well i know half and half is literally half cream and half milk while heavy cream is more like whipping cream.

I just don't know what kind of different results they would make.

i have both in my fridge.

Which would you recommend for a good baked cheesecake?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Winter
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I find heavy cream gives a better structure. Perfect for desserts unless you're on some low calorie bull sh*t

• 8 years ago

i dont use half and half.

this is the recipe i use...

What You Need

4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1 cup sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

4 eggs

Make It:

HEAT oven to 325°F.

BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.

BAKE 55 min. or until center is almost set. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.

Source(s): Cheesecake lover & maker
  • 8 years ago

which is better? that is hard to say in their liquid form they can be interchanged rather easily. heavy cream has more calories and fat, so if that is a consideration (but we are talking cheese cake here) then i would use the half and half. i would say either one, which ever needs to be used first.

• 4 years ago

Serves 12-14 components 120g unsalted butter a million tbsp sparkling honey 250g digestive biscuits 450g cream cheese 500ml crème fraiche juice and grated zest of a million lemon 4 medium eggs, plus 2 egg yolks 250g caster sugar 30g cornflour, sifted For the damson sauce 1kg damsons as much as 250g sugar technique a million. Preheat the oven to one hundred seventy°c/gasoline Mark 3. 2. soften the butter and honey jointly. weigh down the biscuits to superb crumbs – the two by using putting them in a bag and whacking them with a rolling pin, or by using whizzing them in a robust food processor. 3. combine with the butter and honey and press the blend right into a gently buttered 25cm-diameter, deep springform cake tin. relax interior the refrigerator while you're making the topping. 4. gently beat jointly the cream cheese, crème fraiche, lemon zest and juice. placed the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk till mushy and frothy. combine the cream cheese blend with the egg blend and stir interior the sifted cornflour. 5. placed the tin with the biscuit base on a baking tray (a splash butter would leak out for the period of cooking). Pour the filling into the tin, and bake for a million – a million¼ hours, till golden brown on ultimate. 6. The cheesecake will nevertheless look very wobbly interior the midsection even though it is going to organization up because it cools. turn off the oven yet bypass away the cheesecake in it to relax for a minimum of two hours. you will desire to bypass away it in a single day. enable the cheesecake cool thoroughly till now you decrease it. 7. To make the sauce, placed the damsons in a pan with 400ml water. deliver to a simmer and cook dinner gently, stirring frequently, till the fruit has thoroughly collapsed and the stones have come unfastened. 8. placed the coolest purchase by using a sieve to eliminate the stones and skins. Sweeten the damson puree to style – how plenty sugar you like will rely on the tartness of the fruit and your individual style. bypass away to relax. 9. Serve the cheesecake, in wedges, with beneficiant spoonfuls of the luscious, pink sauce ladled over the final. I 1st sw this recipe on river cottage. and the recipe replaced into of fthe website. unsure if its nevertheless there to be onist I wouldnt make it with the damson sauce i might use a berry coolie... or maybe by using some strawberrys right into a warm pan, with some sugar, lett the strawberrys bypass gooie and then upload the two some vodka or whiskey and enable that cook dinner out a splash.... is unquestionably extremely reliable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.