Emma Raven asked in PetsRodents · 8 years ago

Why do my rats love bread?

i give them a slice of bread and its as if they have never been fed before! they go crazy for it!

(reposting as was put in the bird category :/)

Favorite Answer

OMFG my rats were in love with bread!

Give it to them every now and then. Also, use that to an advantage for teaching them tricks!!

I dunno. Rats just... Really like bread... REALLY like bread... @.@

• Denise

My rats love bread but I only give them a piece every now then as bread can put on wt. I believe that rats like bread because it's made from grains then it's ground into flour. Rats love grains, wheat.

A lot as very food motivated. Meaning they will do anything for food. Be careful with bread as sometimes it can be a choking hazard for rats. Once it gets wet from chewing it can get sticky and get stuck when they go to swallow. Toast or stale bread is better as it is harder and not as easy to choke on.

I think rats like any food and especially food that are sweet so do give them bread regularly/often and maybe you could teach your rat tricks