Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

Why do I feel like this?

I know everyone has ups and downs when it comes to moods, but I can't help but feel like mine is something more. I mean, it feels to horrible to be "normal".

I have days, sometimes even weeks where I feel like complete sh*t. I find myself crying for no reason, I lose interest in everything I always loved to do. I've given up on college, I lack concentration and the drive I used to have in a work sense. I feel so lethargic all the time. I find it difficult to sleep. And even when I do sleep which is always early hours of the morning I still manage to wake up at ridiculously early times. I don't hang with friends anymore, and I spend most of my time alone (by choice). I just have no patience for people, anyone I'm around I snap at and I don't know why.

However, I get other days where I can be beyond happy and excited for everyone that's in my way. I feel like everything's perfect, and when I'm like this I just don't stop. I run around, talk fast and don't shut up to be frank. When I get like this after a few days I'm back to feeling like crap.

It's so hard, I'm only 17 and I don't feel like I should be feeling like this.

Everyone puts it down to hormones, but I don't think it is. I feel alone, anyone I've spoke to says they never get like this. They say they have down days, but its normal. However I don't feel what I'm going through is.

I understand I may be overreacting, but someone please just give me some advice. Thank you.

If you have such great moodswings i think you should see a psychologist in all seriousness. I think that talking to a proffessional first of all is better than addressing some dunk heads on the internet that might bring you down even more. I am not sure if this is just a phaze in your life or not. I suggest that you should get away from wherever you are. I would just get into a car or sit down on a plane and just fly or drive away. Do something that relaxes you. I understand that nothing makes you happy anymore but try something that calms you. Go somewhere like camping alone where there will not be any people to bother you for a while. You need to get in touch with yourself for a little while. Just take a break from college for a little while. And go walk run or anything that helps you clear your head. I still think you should speak to someone more proffessional than me but this is what i believe you should do

Source(s): Personal experience

I don't think you're overreacting. When I was your age (I'm now 27) I felt the same way. It sounds like you might want to talk to a doctor. They might prescribe you an anti depression/anti anxiety meds. I knew something wasn't right and it wasn't who I wanted to be. It could be a chemical imbalance in your brain that's genetics. It starts to show itself in girls in their late teens to early 20's. I know its helped me a lot!

Could be a mix of depression and slightly bipolar.